• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold MARK 4 12-40x60 spotter

sirhitalot

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2011
bergen, norway
Hi. Anyone knows for sure if this has the HD fluoride lenses? If anyone has this, could you upload some pictures of the reticle at 12x and 40x?

thank you.

Re: Leupold MARK 4 12-40x60 spotter

The tactical scope is not HD. You can order an HD scope and send it in to have a reticle installed. That said, I would not bother. The flourite lenses are more about color rendition than resolution, for a tactical shooter it's not worth the cost. If it's for bird watching, then you want HD, otherwise, nevermind.

Im going to use it for hunting aswell, and colors are important there. Is it much difference?

I just bought the golden ring HD, and i'll see if i'll have a reticle retrofitted. Optical clearity and colors are important when hunting for deer in the mountains, and i can use my P4L / MLR / mildot equipped scope to calculate corrections if i get the impact verified.