• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 bases?

kengel2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2009
Bedico, Louisiana
Do all the 1 pc MK4 bases have a 20 moa cant in them?

Their website says they do. Cabelas website lumps all the models together. I have a gift cert to cabelas and need a 20 moa base.

Re: Leupold Mark 4 bases?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do all the 1 pc MK4 bases have a 20 moa cant in them?

Their website says they do. Cabelas website lumps all the models together. I have a gift cert to cabelas and need a 20 moa base. </div></div>
<span style="text-decoration: line-through">AFAIK</span>Currently, all one-piece Mark 4 picatinny rails are 20 MOA. I believe that the two-piece Mark 4 bases were available in 0 MOA and 20 MOA at one time (now <span style="text-decoration: line-through">20</span> 0 MOA only). I know Warne made 0 MOA two-piece bases too.

You didn't mention what rifle (Remington 700?), so you need to check the applicable Leupold Part Number on the Leupold web site under <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Leupold Mark 4 Tactical Mounts</span></span>. Click on the "<span style="font-weight: bold">Ordering Info</span>" tab and look up the part number you need, then confirm that Cabela's has the correct 20 MOA base that you need and order it. <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Not that difficult.</span> Could be a problem if Leupold changed specs without changing the part number.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do all the 1 pc MK4 bases have a 20 moa cant in them?

Their website says they do. Cabelas website lumps all the models together. I have a gift cert to cabelas and need a 20 moa base. </div></div>
AFAIK, all one-piece Mark 4 picatinny rails are 20 MOA. I believe that the two-piece Mark 4 bases were available in 0 MOA and 20 MOA at one time (now 20 MOA only). I know Warne made 0 MOA two-piece bases too.

</div></div>

apparently the 2 piece MARK 4 bases are now 0 MOA. I just removed a set from my rifle that I bought new about a month ago and they were 0 MOA. I replaced them with a one piece MARK 4. Leupold only list one part number for 2 piece for both long and short action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do all the 1 pc MK4 bases have a 20 moa cant in them?

AFAIK, all one-piece Mark 4 picatinny rails are 20 MOA. I believe that the two-piece Mark 4 bases were available in 0 MOA and 20 MOA at one time (now 20 MOA only). I know Warne made 0 MOA two-piece bases too.

</div></div>

apparently the 2 piece MARK 4 bases are now 0 MOA. I just removed a set from my rifle that I bought new about a month ago and they were 0 MOA. I replaced them with a one piece MARK 4. Leupold only list one part number for 2 piece for both long and short action. </div></div>

At one point Leupold did make some 0 MOA 1 piece Mark 4 bases. I sold one earlier this year. Some of these are still out there for sale.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...971#Post1722883

I also had a Mark 4 one piece base that was 0 moa. Make sure you know what your ordering.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aries64</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do all the 1 pc MK4 bases have a 20 moa cant in them?

</div></div>

apparently the 2 piece MARK 4 bases are now 0 MOA. I just removed a set from my rifle that I bought new about a month ago and they were 0 MOA. I replaced them with a one piece MARK 4. Leupold only list one part number for 2 piece for both long and short action. </div></div>
You're right. I mis-typed that. Currently, the two-piece bases are 0 MOA only, and the one-pieces are now 20 MOA only. I'll go and correct my post. Thanks.

However, theres' bound to be old stock lying around somewhere, so if possible, anyone ordering Mark 4 bases and / or Mark 4 picatinny rails should check the part number before buying.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You didn't mention what rifle (Remington 700?), so you need to check the applicable Leupold Part Number on the Leupold web site under Leupold Mark 4 Tactical Mounts. Click on the "Ordering Info" tab and look up the part number you need, then confirm that Cabela's has the correct 20 MOA base that you need and order it. Not that difficult. Could be a problem if Leupold changed specs without changing the part number.</div></div>

Sorry, it is for a Short action Rem 700. I had gotten the correct part number from leupold and found the one on cabelas website.

Called them up, they said they had plenty. Drove the hour over there and they didnt have any. Guy said they didnt even stock it. They did offer to ship it to me ground and they would pay shipping. I politely declined and left everything else I was purchasing there. Pretty ticked off, wouldnt have been so bad if I wasnt told that they had it.

Edit: Even though I know I would be overpaying for it, I just wanted to finish my build so I could shoot friday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kengel2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You didn't mention what rifle (Remington 700?), so you need to check the applicable Leupold Part Number on the Leupold web site under Leupold Mark 4 Tactical Mounts. Click on the "Ordering Info" tab and look up the part number you need, then confirm that Cabela's has the correct 20 MOA base that you need and order it. Not that difficult. Could be a problem if Leupold changed specs without changing the part number.</div></div>

Sorry, it is for a Short action Rem 700. I had gotten the correct part number from leupold and found the one on cabelas website.

Called them up, they said they had plenty. Drove the hour over there and they didnt have any. Guy said they didnt even stock it. They did offer to ship it to me ground and they would pay shipping. I politely declined and left everything else I was purchasing there. Pretty ticked off, wouldnt have been so bad if I wasnt told that they had it.

Edit: Even though I know I would be overpaying for it, I just wanted to finish my build so I could shoot friday. </div></div>
No apologies necessary, <span style="font-style: italic">kengel2</span>. It really sucks that you spoke to someone over at Cabela's who said <span style="font-style: italic">"they had plenty"</span>, then you drove for more than an hour to get there, and once you get there someone else tells you that they don't even stock it? That would piss me off too.

As far as leaving everything else you were going to buy, I may or may not have done the same thing once I had determined that the salesperson who told me that they didn't have any was definitely correct. An hour drive each way plus wasted gas to come back empty-handed may have made me even more pissed-off.

Maybe the salesperson / clerk you spoke with on the phone knew what he / she was talking about, and it was the person you spoke with in-person at Cabela's that didn't know WTF he / she was talking about. Hopefully you determined that before you left and drove home empty-handed.

Keith

I left everything else which wasnt much because I only really went there to buy the base to finish my rifle. I was going to buy a couple boxes of ammo to test friday, but if I have to order a base and it wont be here until next week Ill just order the ammo with it for cheaper.

And as far as having it instock, the unfortunate sales associate was really cool being he was stuck with me. He showed me where they dont even carry the mark 4 bases in the store. Believe me I looked everywhere.

Anyway, I am putting my order in to midway for a us optics base and a jewell trigger and a couple of boxes of overpriced ammo.

Just wish I would have it, but I guess Im just anxious to shoot this thing.

For a Rem 700 and a MK4 ER/T you may want to go with a 30 MOA base for shooting past 1000 Yd. Of course I don't know which MK 4 you have or want, nor do I know what your bullet drop is or how far you want to shoot, but I thought I would tell you that this winter when I zeroed my scope I lost 3 full turns on the turret leaving just over half the range for adjusting where I maxed out at 1000 yd. It was cold which probably reduced the muzzle velocity and I haven't had a chance to shoot since then so I can't compare that zero to a perfect spring day zero. But I thought I would give a heads up.

I would love to shoot 1000 yds, sadly there arent any ranges aroung here that long. The longest shots Ill take will probably be at 600 yds. As far as ammo, I havent really tried any yet. Being its a 700 varmint and people seem to have good luck with black hills 168 gr I was going to start there and see how it shot.

My scope for now is a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15 tactical model. I dont know if it would even get me to 1000 with a 20 moa base but I definitely wanted to get to 600.

That scope has 50MOA of travel which should give you 45 up and 5 down with a 20 MOA base. You didnt say what caliber but it should be plenty to get a .308 to 1000 yards.