• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 Blackout

762frmafr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Caught a glimpse of a banner and started researching. I might have to go back on my word and buy a Leupold. Looks like it's gonna be a 1.5-5 power. M2 knobs and the reticle below. Thoughts? Anyone played with one yet?

leupold_300_blackout_reticle_worksheet.jpg

Just found this as well. 120 MOA of adjustment. Still doesn't say what it's calibrated for though.

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/products...m-mrt-blackout/

Re: Leupold Mark 4 Blackout

For 90% of purposes I dislike BDC reticles.

However for this specific purpose I think it's an interesting idea. I would like to see what bullets and velocity it's supposed to line up with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For 90% of purposes I dislike BDC reticles.

However for this specific purpose I think it's an interesting idea. I would like to see what bullets and velocity it's supposed to line up with. </div></div>

I was thinking the same thing. For subsonic anything over 200 grain I don't think it will matter too much. But for supersonic with the variety of bullet choices and barrel lengths available it could be a pain getting something to match up.

I'm surely interested.. I will be using Blackout for hunting.. Still waiting to see pricing and such.

MSRP is $1399
There are none out there due to a huge backorder and military contract from what I understand

It is very interesting. Still, the likelihood it will match what I shoot seems low. And I'd like more power.

There was a thread maybe 6-8 months ago where someone said what the reticle is calibrated for. Can't remember who started it though, I'll try to find it later.

I like these types of scopes, but I thing the manufacturer should also give the exact details on how to match up with the reticule.

Isn't it 125gr. for supers and 220gr. for subs? I read about this scope somewhere and that comes to mind, but don't quote me on it. I think they did it for 16"? Again, don't quote me. I just recall it being calibrated for something specific (which makes sense, they had to make it somehow).

I too am interested in this scope, I have a .300BLK that has no optics yet, but the price for what it is sort of puts me off. I don't plan on shooting mine far anyway, I have a Grendel for that, so I'm considering a 1-4x Vortex and just plotting the data for subs and supers and laminating it on the stock.