• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold MARK 4 CQ/T

xXHoPXx

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Bristol,VA
Has anyone used this scope? If so tell me what you think about it. Im thinking of getting it but i havent heard much of it.

Re: Leupold MARK 4 CQ/T

I have tried one and was not impressed. It was like looking through a drinking straw with a reticle in it.

I would suggest an Aimpoint C3, H1, or M4S for any sort of general purpose AR optic, with practice they are good to at least 200-300 yard hits. If you want fixed magnification look at an ACOG, and if you want variable look at the NF 1-4, or S&B Shortdot.

i have an acog already. never really thought of the aimpoints though. thanks alot.

I have one on a department issued ar. I think its the best all around scope for that weapon system. Works great in a CQB environment allowing movement with both eyes open. Its great for sitting on a perimeter when magnification is sometimes needed. It uses a doubleAA battery with several levels of illumination on the reticle. But best of all its an etched reticle so even if the battery runs dead you still have a sighting system. When mounted with a quick release mount, the use of iron sights is still a back-up option. I have several other sighting units that I believe this incorporates into one unit. It works like an eotech/aimpoint providing a dot system. It works like an acog providing magnification and reticle without needing batteries. Hope this helps. Good luck.

I have one and I think it is an excellent scope all for the same reasons keithtb1 mentioned.

Its a nice scope.
Dont own one but shot them a bit.
Personally I prefer Aimpoint w/flip-to-side or twist-off magnifier (depends on setup, both are excellent for quick target acquisition) or ACOG 4X with Docter.
I find both of these combos faster and more versatile than the CQ/T, as magnification adjustment is nonexisting in either and field of view is greater, but the price is steeper and they require more space.
The big pro on the CQ/T is the etched reticle that remains black and usable if battery fails, and its "onepiece" construction, less that can unscrew itself.
Imho the dot and reticle circle is too coarse though, I run 2MOA Aimpoint and crosshair w/BDC ACOG, as I prefer finer reticles myself but that is personal taste.
The CQ/T is surprisingly heavy as well, but seems very rugged and the rails on it allows for mounting other stuff if required, handy feature when mounting it on flattops with "old-school" front grips and thus limited rail capacity.
Recommend you try one or at least check it out thoroughly in the shop before purchase, my feeling is that with these particular types of scopes /combos the love-hate thing is even more prominent than with regular scopes.
Any of the above will do, personal taste should decide.

John - out

We run one for 3-Gun matches and have no complaints. Works great in a simulated room with both eyes open, the illuminated reticle shows up very well. The furthest we've engaged targets is 250 and on 4x it is very easy. The reticle is huge speed advantage.

thanks for everyones input a buddy of mine just got one so i should be looking through it within the next few days lol

I think you will like it, Angelina thinks they are great even when mounted backwards.

2006-05-24_120257_short0209.jpg

I mounted mine correctly and I have had great luck with it. I have used it a LOT. It was one of the very early ones.

haha is that mr & mr smith? ill see for myself here in the next couple of days or just wheneverit stops snowin.

I used to have one, I sold it mainly because of the poor eye relief (especially on 3x) and reticle. I would have preferred the center dot be a bit smaller. I think there are better 1-4x options out there now, the CQT is kind of the odd duck out now in the 1-3x category.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you will like it, Angelina thinks they are great even when mounted backwards.

2006-05-24_120257_short0209.jpg
</div></div>
I hate it when Hollywood grabs weaponry and doesn't even know how to use it nor how to make it work. It's like giving a 100 pound female a Desert eagle 50 AE......Right!.....SmokeRolls

Is that picture from Mr. and Mrs. Smith?

In that movie, if you notice at the end when they're in the elevator, both their MP5's have the bolt open and the safeties on LOL.

Love that movie tho... Angelina in a dress with a 12ga...mmmmmm.