• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50 TMR

Re: Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50 TMR

I have one that is on a rifle I'm going to hunt with. I have used it quit a bit just shooting targets / steel and it has always worked very well. Tracks like it should. I would buy another if the price were right.

Good luck.

I've had mine for several years and have had on a few different rifles, both .223 and .308. I've probably put between 3000-4000 rounds down range with it and never had any problems.

Have the same scope with a standard Mil reticle. Clear glass. Never loses its zero. Tracks perfectly, up, down, side to side.

Got one as well. Its not the 1st choice around here but mine has served me well. Took me a little while to get used to the TMR but I really like it now. Having a hard time justifying going to something more expensive like a uso for my needs.

Its a nice scope.

If you don't mind the extra weight and the 34mm tube I do believe that the Bushnell HDMR with the g2 reticle is superior.

I have that scope in a 40mm objective, and 50mm objective. The TMR reticle is really useful if you can find someone with a ballistic program like Exbal that will tell you exactly where each hash mark on the reticle intersect's the bullet's flight.

Also, if you get a .75 inch copper plumbing adapter, or other female fitting that accepts .75 inch copper pipe, you can make a zero stop for these scopes.

You cut off a thin piece of the .75 inch end, and keep making it thinner until it gives you just enough thickness to give the right amount of filler for underneath the adjustment turret knob. You have to remove the knob. and if you pop off the little tapered ring that the knob goes down into, you can measure just how thick of a piece you need.

The little copper piece looks much like a really thin copper washer, or spacer. Actually, it is exactly just a thin copper spacer that goes between the bottom of the elevation adjustment knob, and the top of where the knob would meet the scope.

The only bad part is that each scope and distance at which you zero will require a different zero stop. Now I have a bag full of different sizes for whenever I change loads, scopes, or distance at which I zero.

That's good to know, Unknown. I have three 6.5-20x ER/Ts with the M5 mil turrets. They ride my SPR comp guns. My only complaint was the lack of a zero stop. They would benefit from a little more internal adjustment, too.

Other than that, I can't fault them. They track just fine and hold up well. The optical quality is fine enough for me. Maybe I don't know what I looking at or for, but I have other scopes (S&B) for work and I can't see the difference, at least for the price.

Which version are you looking at, the ER/T or LR/T?

Depending on the specific model they vary from 65moa to 100moa adjustment and if its a SFP or FFP model. It's a mix so if certain things are important look close.

It should be here in a couple of days. I won it on ebay. It's a Mark 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50 TMR in FFP. Used like new condition, saved myself some money and got it for $1200. Pretty happy it will be going on my 700p in .300WinMag

A lot of fakes on ebay - hopefully they chinese aren't cloning TMR reticles yet... what style turrets did you get?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocBach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A lot of fakes on ebay - hopefully they chinese aren't cloning TMR reticles yet... what style turrets did you get?</div></div>

+1
I think you will be pleased I sure have enjoyed mine and its not a FFP.

Mine has been outstanding on my 300wm. Tracks perfect. holds zero. Very repeatable. And great glass. TMR reticle is one of the best around...in my opinion.