• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold mark 4 ER/T questions

BarrettBoy

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2017
Phoenix Arizona
Since Leupold has began moving on from their mark 4 line, I've seen quite a few great deals on them, and I'm interested in picking up a 4.5-14 ER/T m5.
How's the turret tracking accuracy on these scopes? anyone own one?
I've never handled one before, and my LGS doesn't carry them. Do they have something akin to a zerostop on the turrets?

I have the 6.5-20 x 50 FFP Mark 4 ER/T and have been very happy with it. A long time ago I ran a crude box test and everything moved accurately and repeated. It has the TMR reticle which I like and the M5 turrets which have good solid clicks but do not lock or have a zero stop. I've had the scope for about 5 years and never had a problem with it. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I have the 6.5-20 x 50 FFP Mark 4 ER/T and have been very happy with it. A long time ago I ran a crude box test and everything moved accurately and repeated. It has the TMR reticle which I like and the M5 turrets which have good solid clicks but do not lock or have a zero stop. I've had the scope for about 5 years and never had a problem with it. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks for the info. They look like nice scopes.
I'm currently torn between either getting the ER/T now, waiting for Leupold to release the replacement model line, or picking up a NF SHV f1.

Hi.
I have two the 6.5-20 x 50 FFP Mark 4 ER/T MilDot reticle and Horus H-27 reticle,D-30mm., and many other riflescopes S&B,March,Hensoldt,TT,Vortex RazorGenII, NF.
Leupold 6.5-20 x 50 FFP Mark 4 ER / T M5 reliable and excellent riflescope.
ZeroStop for Leupold ER/T there is only a D-34mm. "pipe".
Series Leupold Mark 4 ER/T reliable, working.

P.S.
info for "Zero Stop" Leupold ER/T
https://www.facebook.com/ZSTurretsystem/
https://www.zer-ostop.com/

Leupold Mark 4 Elevation stop (Zero Stop)?
Only for Leupold Mark 4 with M1 turrets or M5 turrets, it's real ZeroStop?
How it works?
I have only tested it on my M1 Turret Mark 4. It is a shim that I make that goes under the turret knob.
The knob bottoms out on the turret and keeps it from going below your zero.
basically a washer made from Carbon Fiber and ABS that is sized and able to be sanded down to your liking.

Since Leupold has began moving on from their mark 4 line, I've seen quite a few great deals on them, and I'm interested in picking up a 4.5-14 ER/T m5.
How's the turret tracking accuracy on these scopes? anyone own one?
I've never handled one before, and my LGS doesn't carry them. Do they have something akin to a zerostop on the turrets?

Last edited:
I am thinking about picking one up in the 6.5-20 range simply to get their TS MOA reticle but I will only do it if I can get one at a good price ($900) or so. Is anyone finding these on sale anywhere?

I just picked up a Leupold ER/T 6.5x20x50 TMR FFP M5 and I must say I'm VERY impressed with the quality of glass. I've got 3 5.5x22x56 NF NXS , a Bushnell XRS and ERS and a Zeiss MC COMQUEST 4.5x14x50 Mil-Dot and for only having paid 1359$ for the Leupold ER T ...... I'd definitely buy again. Reticle is easy to work with, and the ocular is very easy to set for your eyes. I've actually got 19.7 mils left I'm pretty sure on one of my .300 win mags. Great scope for the money.