• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mark 4 for my 700P

AeroEngi

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys, this is my first post on the hide so go easy on me. I've had my Remington 700p in .308 for about two years now and I've decided to take it to the next level by getting a new scope for it. For the past 2 years, I've had my friend's old Nikon scope on it that I bought off him for $100. I had the Leupold standard base (15 moa long range base) and rings on it with the Nikon. Now, I've decided to get the Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm LR/T riflescope.

My questions is, do you guys think it's ok if I keep the standard base and just buy the standard rings to fit the bigger 30mm tube or wait and save up for a new base and rings? Possibly looking at the Leupold Mark 4 base and rings or the Badger Ordnance Picatinny-style base and rings.

Thanks for your advice.

Re: Leupold Mark 4 for my 700P

Thanks for the quick reply! So do you think the extra cost of the Badgers is worth it? The Leupold's are a little cheaper.

^^What he said then run away from here before you will spend more money
grin.gif

If you are going to get a mark 4, think about getting the newer one with the M5 turrent and FFP. Played around with one and they are nice, too bad they can't swap out my M1 turrents because it has something to do with the internal design....

Also, if you are LE/MIL, you can get the MK4 ERT FFP M5 for a little over a grand at promotive.com.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in the long run the price is worth it...buy once, cry once...

bench </div></div>
HA!
That saying is tops. Couldnt agree more.