• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes leupold mark 4 lr/t

eterp997

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2012
I have a remington 700 sps tactical and I am looking at putting a leupold mark 4 lr/t on it, I think I am leaning towards the 6.5-20x50mm with the mil mil adjustments. At first I was going to buy a vortex viper or a swfa SS 10x HD, but I may as well go all out the first time, buy a good scope, and be done. I was wondering if anyone could give their opinions on the lr/t and maybe give some pics at the zooms at different ranges. Thanks

Re: leupold mark 4 lr/t

If you're getting mil/mil for ranging, make sure you get the TMR reticle. It's far superior to the old-style mildot.

I have an older Mk4 lr/t 6.5-20 SFP mil/moa mildot on my 223 700 SPS-T. Works very well for me and would be even better with the TMR reticle and mil/mil. Good choice.

OFG

Here is my new Mark4 with the TMR reticle. I think this is what your referring to. Mine is the 4x14. So far, Im extremely happy with it. Here are some pics to help you out.

My targets are 450 and 500.
IMG_2350.jpg

4 power
IMG_2354.jpg

14 power
IMG_2353.jpg

The yellow spray-painted tree is 600yds. You can see the individual bark detail from this distance.
IMG_2355.jpg

These pics were taken with my iphone so its only gonna be as good as the Iphone lens. The clarity is much better in person.

If you shoot long range you want a scope with a zero stop. The reason is, someday you will forget which turn you are on, get mixed up and be off by a full turn. Not does this make you miss your target, it is potentially dangerous because you miss your backstop.

Vortex PST's are the least expensive with a zero stop.
IOR's are next.
Then Nightforce.

All good scopes that have zero stop.

Not absolutely sure about Leupold's but in the past they haven't come with a zero stop. The search box on the Leupold website doesnt return any hit when I put "zero stop" in the box.

I would also look at the SWFA 5-20x50 HD MRAD scope that is what I am purchasing it is a very good scope for the price something to keep in mind with the Mark 4 LRs is I belive they are all second focal plane if you want FFP I think you need to go up to the Mark 4 ER line. I may not be 100% on that but thats what I saw when I was looking into them. And if you really want a good scope to start out with a mil/mil FFP scope is the way to go IMO.

Yes the LR/T are SFP and ER/T are FFP. I don't know that you are necessarily "jumping into a good scope" as you put it. I would stack the PST right in there with a LR/T when you consider the features you get. Mil/Mil, FFP, decent reticle all at under $1K. Don't get me wrong the Mark 4 is a good scope, but their are better options out there.

I would second the idea of checking the classifieds for a good used scope and stretch you budget to get an even nicer piece of glass. I have purchased a Mark 4 ER/T and a NXS from the classifieds at well under the price of a new one and both have been excellent purchases.

My turrets on my Mk4 have an indication when you are at your zero. Ill need to take a pic of it. But it would be really hard to get past the zero on accident.