• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mark 4 spotting scope

Joe40x

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
north central Pa.
A few years back Leupold offered a Mark 4, 25x fixed power spotting scope with milldots. Anyone have any experience with these? Any idea on fair market value? Is 25x enough? No, I know, not for chipmunks at 600 yds.
I have a 12x40 Mark 4 TMR now and am really pleased with it and though it might be nice to have a lighter back up/truck scope. What do you guys think?

Don't feel bad. It's happened to me a few times in the past. I just wait until a high traffic time of day (or at least what time I think it would be) to post my thread. Though, I don't really post much at TheHide. I've only recently taken the plunge into the precision rifle craft so I mostly search & read for now, like on spotting scopes. Regardless, I felt bad seeing you left out in the wind like this :) so I thought I'd give you bump. I hope your question gets answered. Seems like a nice scope and I can see where the nature of your question is coming from.

Yes, I had one with a London Bridge cover. It looked so small and compact but in the end it didn't offer enough magnification to be any more useful than my rifle scope.