• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 vs Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR

usmcmk12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
California
I'm currently running a Leupold Mark 4 6-20 with the TMR reticle on a .308 AR. The glass is really nice, I can clearly see my 12" by 18" steel plates that I have set up out to 1100 yards. The only thing I'm not happy with is I can only hold 5 mils on the reticle and when I'm holding for wind I'm holding in "dead space". I don't like the Horus reticles because they are too busy but I was looking at the G2 reticle (christmas tree with 10 mils of hold) on the Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-21 and I really like the reticle. My only concern is the quality of the glass. From looking around it sounds like they are built like tanks and the glass sounds like it is good, but I'm still a little worried. Has anyone on here had the chance to directly compare the two? Also, any members out there that have the Bushnell DMR in the 3-21 that shoot out around 1,000+? How is the optical clarity?

Mk 4 is outdated. Mk6 is much better. Between mk 4 and bushy I'd get the gen 2 bushnell DMR with zero stop or the Mk6 in that price range.

Last edited:
I've got'em both. You won't be disappointed. I'm not getting rid of my mark 4, but wouldn't hesitate to buy another one of those 34 mm tubed elite tacticals either.
I'm currently running a Leupold Mark 4 6-20 with the TMR reticle on a .308 AR. The glass is really nice, I can clearly see my 12" by 18" steel plates that I have set up out to 1100 yards. The only thing I'm not happy with is I can only hold 5 mils on the reticle and when I'm holding for wind I'm holding in "dead space". I don't like the Horus reticles because they are too busy but I was looking at the G2 reticle (christmas tree with 10 mils of hold) on the Bushnell Elite Tactical 3-21 and I really like the reticle. My only concern is the quality of the glass. From looking around it sounds like they are built like tanks and the glass sounds like it is good, but I'm still a little worried. Has anyone on here had the chance to directly compare the two? Also, any members out there that have the Bushnell DMR in the 3-21 that shoot out around 1,000+? How is the optical clarity?