• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 vs IOR Tac?

aberbaseball7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2010
Wichita Falls tx
I am looking at a new scope for my 5.56 AR15. I am looking at the Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x20 and the IOR Tactical 1.5-8x26. I am trying to figure out if the IOR is worth an extra $370 total. I am on a tight budget and $400 can buy a lot of ammo. This will be used for hunting and plinking under 200yds with some night hunting also. Tell me what yall think.

Leupold is $899 + $195 for the LT104 mount
IOR is $1270 + $195 for the LT104 mount.

Re: Leupold Mark 4 vs IOR Tac?

I have looked and looked at tons of low power scopes. The IOR would be hands down great glass for low light. I just really don't want to spend $1500 but if it will be a big difference I'm willing to save a bit more and go the IOR. Plus I really like the reticle in the IOR. Price is the only reason to look at other options.

Is the clarity and light gathering going to be much different in the PST or the SS? And if SS would hurry and get the 1-6 out under 1K with an ok reticle it would be worth looking at also.

look seriously at the GRSC 1-6, runs a little over $1k, FFP, great ranging reticle, decent glass. look for posts by BigJimFish.

I wouldn't buy the GRSC 1-6 because of the 2 year limited warranty. Lifetime warranty or bust imo.

If you like the reticule on the IOR there are a few 1-4 models on samplelist.com for 700. My honest opinion is that the best "right now" choices for what you are talking about are what I mentioned earlier (or wait a little longer for the 1-6 super sniper I want one of those too). There is also a meopta one that has a BDC sort of reticule and a very bright center dot that might be worth consideration.