• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mark 4 with inverted H32

Dev L

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2018
Just an FYI,

The Leupold MK4 with inverted H32 reticle has been out of production for a while and stupid expensive when it was in production, like $2400 stupid. Just an FYI, Natchez has them in stock, on sale at $1473, with 10% off coupon are $1325. That is roughly the current Leupold military / LE price for a standard mildot or TMR reticle Mark 4 spotter. So if you have wanted an inverted H32 Mark 4, its a decent price on a hard to find version. I was quoted many hundreds more for that reticle in a Goldring HD custom from Leupold Custom Shop, even with LE discount on the base scope. Needless to say, I bit the bullet and bought one. Im sure some new Mark 5 Spotter with better glass and more magnification and inverted H32 will be released next week with my luck.

Last edited:
I bought one too. First time dealing with Natchez and it was a terrific transaction.

When I saw them listing them as in stock I was skeptical as everywhere else is OOS. so I called. The guy I spoke with said they had 90 in stock (2 weeks ago). He mentioned they bought everything Leupold had available when they discontinued them. Placed an order over the phone and it arrived a couple days later.

Terrific spotter. Terrific service.

Hello I have the MK4 Mil dot version and the H32 recital is in league of its own for ranging and they hold there value too ,geoff3

Just could not resist and ordered one myself. No discount code now, so full price of 1473$ but FREE SHIPPING. Still in stock at this price until 3/6/19 @ midnight. Did not inquire as to price after deadline or inventory stocks. Still a smoking deal .

Just could not resist and ordered one myself. No discount code now, so full price of 1473$ but FREE SHIPPING. Still in stock at this price until 3/6/19 @ midnight. Did not inquire as to price after deadline or inventory stocks. Still a smoking deal .

Looks like there is a 10% off coupon again till 3-13-19. The code shows up above the item when I am at the website. Still shows in stock. I am assuming these have just been sitting on the shelf before this promo and they are dumping them.

What are you guys using to invert your spotter? Am am torn between a Badger SLICK and KDG Optics HUB. Lowest price I have seen for a SLICK is Triad Tactical who appears to be dumping the black version to make room for tan. They also have scope covers for the SLICK with Leupold. I would need to find a way to bolt a picatinny via screws to the KDG Optics HUB and get an MLOK ARCA rail for the top to flip it. The extra cost of the ARCA plate and picatinny start to make the adger SLICK seem much more reasonable. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
My spotter arrived yesterday. Very nice Leupold quality optic. I'm going to fabricate an adapter plate similar to the Ashbury TIM 17 out of 3/8ths aluminum flat plate. Going to try to keep it simple as possible. I'm looking for pic rail to mount to the adapter.

I did a search on “inverted”... as a new shooter, for those that purchased this scope with the inverted H32... what were your top 3 reasons? Can the ranging reticle work “non inverted”? (Since the inversion mounts are ~$900). Thanks for your time....

The inversion mounts are not $900. The Badger SlICK is $469 at Triad Tactical. The Kinetic Development Group Optics HUB is $150ish at Brownells.

The Badger SLICK requires you flip it upside down and use the clamp adapter on "top" instead of on "bottom" or mount a picatinny to ARCA plate on "top" instead of "bottom" and run inverted. The negative is the whole thing is one supported by one large cantilevered extension underneath, clamped to your objective.

The Optics HUB requires an MLOK attached ARCA or other plate on "top" and a picatinny with one attachment screw point slotted to fit the 1/2×20 screw holes on "bottom" after spotting scope install to the HUB, then you invert it and mount upside down using the ARCA plate and mount a red dot or other item on what is then the top to the picatinny or to the MLOK side mounts after you use the extra screws to clamp the HUB along the body sides. The negative is that the HUB holds the weight of the scope and accessories instead of just accessories.

Tacticaltripod.com tripod runs $247 for an economy unit to $459 for a slaved head version and can run your tripod inverted. The SLICK and Optics HUB let you use your existing tripod. The only $900 inversion is Ashbury Precision TACT3.

Since I want to use a normal tripod, the SLICK and Optics HUB are my main options.

Just wondering if anyoune has experience using either inverted.

Last edited:
EDIT: Think I will just try the Optics HUB and see if it works and isnt too bulky, since it is my cheapest option and seems like it would be secure.

Last edited:
EDIT: Think I will just try the Optics HUB and see if it works and isnt too bulky, since it is my cheapest option and seems like it would be secure.

A buddy of mine got the Optics Hub via Brownell's and although it was not originally designed for inverted use it can easily be done!

I think he used a washer and a nut or na M-Lok to mount the Manfrotto QD plate to the M-Lok slots in the top of the hub.

My Mark 4 H32 Leupold showed up a couple days ago. Fine optic . Very happy with the glass. Good service from Natchez. I'm fabing a adapter plate to invert for my Manfrotto setup and I purchased the Sniper Ops Tripod for the field. Looks good on their site. I really like the Horus reticle on the Mark 4.
Should make zero and follow up spotting easier with the grid system. I don't think anyone has them NOS except Natchez.

Hello I ordered the MK4 H32 last night and already have the MK4 Mil dot and 3 Ashbury Precision tripod kits one of the tripods is for a range finder with compass non magnetic that is next on the list , geoff3

Attachments

• 20190317_170759.jpg
    20190317_170759.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 20190317_171753.jpg
    20190317_171753.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 20190317_172336.jpg
    20190317_172336.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 20190317_172014.jpg
    20190317_172014.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 203
Wow! I continue to look at the Ashbury system... it’s beautiful, but would you also want a taller tripod, for your spotterwho might be sitting or standing behind you (girlfriend). Is the solution to purchase a second bigger tripod (could double as a rifle rest)?

I was thinking to purchase an NRA HP scope stand (gearbuggy.com or creedmore polecat)... for use on the firing point... with the understanding it’s not”tactical” not even close.

Wow! I continue to look at the Ashbury system... it’s beautiful, but would you also want a taller tripod, for your spotterwho might be sitting or standing behind you (girlfriend). Is the solution to purchase a second bigger tripod (could double as a rifle rest)?

I was thinking to purchase an NRA HP scope stand (gearbuggy.com or creedmore polecat)... for use on the firing point... with the understanding it’s not”tactical” not even close.
Hello I have a Manfrotto 190B with Hog saddle I use that for spotting or holding my rifle , I didn't know what type shooting I would be doing so I bought the Manfrotto 190B first and moved forward from there ,geoff3

Reactions: Trek
Hello here are some pictures of the Manfrotto 190B with Manfrotto Magnesium Ball head and MOD7 HOG saddle sometimes when spotting I use the Hog saddle to hold the spotting scope, geoff3

Attachments

• 20190321_075424.jpg
    20190321_075424.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20190321_075436.jpg
    20190321_075436.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190321_075034.jpg
    20190321_075034.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 73
Hello I picked up the MK4 H32 just from Natchez will post some pictures with one of the tripods I have, geoff3

Attachments

• 1553548415333-288238977.jpg
    1553548415333-288238977.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 104