• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 4 ?

Icallem

Football Ref
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2011
N. Central MO
I had a chance to get a used 8.5-25 Mark 4. It has MOA knobs, but mil-dot retical. When I ask the guy I bought it from what power it needed to be on to have the spacing correct, he looked at me like I had told him I just saw Elvis in the parking lot.

Is this scope like several others, where the spacing is correct on the highest power?

Thanks

Re: Leupold Mark 4 ?

I'm not sure but you could probably look it up on leupold's website where they'll likely have the manual for that scope.

If you got a ruler you can draw up correctly spaced mil's at 100yd and see how the reticle matches up against em. It should be correct on max magnification though.

I'll get it mounted on something and check it this evening. There is no marking on the power ring.

I looked on their web site and found nothing. Guess I'll just have to check it at 100 to know for sure.

Wish he had bought FFP and not known what he had.

Thanks for your reply. That is what I found it to be, however the dots are so large it was tough to get it really close, but that was the only power setting that made any sense.