• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mark 5 Durability....5-25x56 for Barret .50

Texaslongshot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
Still working on a scope recommendation for my friends Barret .50 BMG. My original recommendation was for a Nightforce but he knows a leupold dealer that may can get him a break. I don't follow the leupold threads as much. I know there are some lines held in high regard and others that seem to get a bad rap.

What is the general thoughts on the Mark 5 durability. Can it hold up on a .50.

Thanks

That scope should be fine and if it breaks send it back and they will fix it.

If I recall the Mark 4 line was originally used on the M82's the army used and those are well known for durability. The Mk 5. is the evolution of that line so they should be fine.

I had a mk5 on my BMG before it got banned and around 400-500 shots. First time tracking literally failed. 2nd time the reticle started to slowly rotate. Sold it got a Schmidt and bender. Didn't have any issues after that.

I had a mk5 on my BMG before it got banned and around 400-500 shots. First time tracking literally failed. 2nd time the reticle started to slowly rotate. Sold it got a Schmidt and bender. Didn't have any issues after that.
When there’s a question of reticle issue on Schmidt they are placed on their machine equivalent to the 50 BMG and tested repeatedly.

It's not a .50 BMG but I used one on a .375 CT for King of 2 Miles and it held up fine. The Mark 5 is really a pretty decent scope and the best thing they've made in a long time.

Reactions: SepticDeath
if it breaks send it back and they will fix it.
and your out how much time and money
diagnosing the scope failed
dismounting/remounting the scope
Re zeroing the scope

f that. ZCO or NF all the things

BFCE1013-C21A-48BC-8786-0412C97C25C6.png
2488F6CB-FC71-4A0E-B9E5-7953D685299E.jpeg

1EF9A96F-FA71-492B-947A-7619E69501DE.jpeg