• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Leupold Mark 5 HD 3.5-18???

MasonSims

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2023
Ringgold, Georgia
Hey all, so I’m going to build a 6arc soon and I am looking to get the Mark 5 with the PR-2 mil reticle. However it doesn’t have illumination, and I’m concerned it might not integrate well with my clip on thermal.

Does anyone have any experience with this non illuminated reticle and a clip on thermal/NV?

I’m wondering if it’s a deal breaker and I need to consider a different optic?

Thanks in advance for any help!

The Mark 5HD has reticles with and without illumination. One quirk with Leupold is the manner in which they install illumination makes for a rather steep price difference to add on illumination. It is a fantastic scope.

The Mark 5HD has reticles with and without illumination. One quirk with Leupold is the manner in which they install illumination makes for a rather steep price difference to add on illumination. It is a fantastic scope.
I saw that they had some options on reticles with illumination, just not the one I wanted. 😂 The Pr-2 is perfect for my applications but I haven’t found a model with illumination and that reticle.

I tried that reticle and optic in that capacity with a clipon thermal, and its not super. I had other options, but if looking to dedicate a rifle to that, I wouldn't do that setup.