• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 5 HD 5-25 opinions

spoonz

Private
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2020
I'm in the market for a new F1 scope. Looking at the 5-25 magnification range. I have an opportunity to pick up a like new Leupold with an illuminated Tremor3 for a great price. I had my mind made up on the Night Force ATACR with a Mil-XT , but held the scopes next to each other on two separate occasions and the Leupold looks better to my eyes. I would rather buy a Tangent Theta but cant see justifying the price. Looking for reasons "to" or "not to" buy the Leupold. Other high quality options are appreciated too.

Eye box is good. I can stay on my 6.5 and spot my own hits from 200+ at 25x.

No tunneling on low power, clear glass right out to the edges, turrets are crisp and perfect design (locking at zero and capped).

I started running one last year and it has been a great scope for me, I would definitely buy again if I needed another scope.

I thought the Mk 5 was better than the K525, but I'm really sensitive to CA, and the Khales are known to have a good amount of it.

Reactions: bjay
I was looking at a mark5 5-25 but ended up going with the 3.6-18 for a light mid range build. The image quality of the 5-25 is better then the 3.6-18 mark5 to my eyes and seems about on par or slightly better then the vortex razor gen2

after using the mark5 for a little while I’m in love with how the turrets work! No math at all and super easy to zero and easy to know exactly where you are at a glance.

I have the moa version and it has 25 moa per turn but has 3 sets of numbers so the numbers go all the way to 70 moa. I like this much better then my vortex razor that’s 25 per turn and no
additional numbers so your trying to add stuff up on the clock and under pressure I’m the last person you want doing math...

How do you feel it stacks up with the Burris XTR III?

How do you feel it stacks up with the Burris XTR III?

I only saw the XTR III at shotshow so that was indoors

It looked pretty dang good there but I didn’t get to compare it to anything and the lighting in there Doesn’t give you an accurate representation of what an optic actually looks like outdoors.

hopefully someone on here has seen all these side by side

Hows the mark5 5-25 vs. K525?
If anyone compared them

Bit of a wash IMHO they both have attributes that i just don't like, but one is significantly cheaper than the other. K525i might be one of the biggest bummers of a tier 1 optic i've ever owned. Truly disappointed in that thing.

Resolution: Intermittent mag - Kahles Full mag - Leupold
Eyebox: Kahles
CA: Equal neither are devoid of it
FOV: Kahles but both are small
DOF: Leupold
Parallax: equal neither are set it and forget it IMHO
Reticle: Kahles not even close
Turrtes: Kahles not even close
Low Light: Leupold

The Mark 5 remains one of the best low light options i've used to date. I'm probably going to get another 5-25 for my 30 Sherman for the elevation. Leupold is coming out with another reticle but they haven't announced if it's Mil or MOA based. Hoping it's a TMR with a tree.

As to the ZP5 comparison i would have to disagree granted i only had one MK5 and i thought it was a spectacular sample both my ZP5s were in an entirely different class as far as Resolution, Contrast, Edge to edge clarity, eyebox, DOF, Parallax, pretty much everything.

All in the all the MK5 punches well above it's price range and just needs a decent reticle without an upcharge and it would probably be on 50% or more of the rifles in the comp circuit.

Reactions: K3RRY and bjay