• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mark 5 vs Mark 6

Army of One

Private
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2022
California
What would I get going with the Mark 6 3-18 that I would not get with the Mark 5 3.6-18?

Is the Mark 6 worth the extra money?

Go Mark 5 not Mark 6. My Mark 6 had tracking issues and went back twice before I got rid of it. However I am running a Mark 5 5-25 and tracking has been spot on so far and seems to be holding. However the Mark 5 is a 35mm tube and really limits your mounting options.

I had 3 mark6, all have been replaced by the mark5. The Mark5 is better in every way. Bigger number doesn't mean better.

What would I get going with the Mark 6 3-18 that I would not get with the Mark 5 3.6-18?

Is the Mark 6 worth the extra money?
I have both and the Mk5 is product improved version of the Mk6. While I have never had any issues with mine, there were more reports of the mk6's having some odd stuff going on than the newer stuff.

I have enjoyed both, the only thing I liked about a Mark 6 over a Mark 5HD was the MilDot reticle option. Both are solid, but the Mark5HD is solidlier.

Leupold no longer sells the Mark 6 line to consumers… so there’s that.

Go Mark 5 and not Mark 6. My Mark 6 had tracking issues and went back twice before I got rid of it. However, I am running a Mark 5 5-25 and tracking as been spot on so far and seems to be holding.
You must have missed his post directly above yours. He bought a mark 5

So I guess the next question is... Is it worth getting a MK 5 to replace a MK6 that is working just fine?

ETA: O god ... I bumped a 2 year old thread sorry ... I am still thinking it is 2022 in my head lol

So I guess the next question is... Is it worth getting a MK 5 to replace a MK6 that is working just fine?

ETA: O god ... I bumped a 2 year old thread sorry ... I am still thinking it is 2022 in my head lol
Necro response but...

I have both and honestly, outside of my mk5 having a better set of turrets and recticle, I have no complaints about the mk6.