• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mark 5HD 5x25 new PR-2 MOA Reticle

Butleroutdoors

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
Good evening:
Getting ready to upgrade from my current PST GII 5x25 FFP MOA on my Bergara Wilderness Terrain 6.5CM.
Was set on a Steiner T5xi 5x25 but then Leupold released the Mark 5HD with the new PR-2 Christmas Tree style reticle.
Leaning towards purchasing it over the Steiner.
Steiner I can get for around $1600-$1700, Leupold for around $1450.
Looking for your experienc and advice on the 5HD. How is the glass quality, etc? The Steiner appears to be a older design but I’m not sure how long the Mark 5HD has been in the market. I like the reticle better in the Mark 5HD. Also would like to hear alternative recommendations as well
thank you in advance

Reactions: HeavyAssault
If you get one of the Leupolds for $1450, order my one, too! That's a great price.

I've looked through the 5HD at a range and it was definitely something I have my eye on for a scope that keeps me in production and I want to avoid scopes made at the LOW factory in Japan... every single one I've used or owned has been a sloppy turret experience. Don't know why.