• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Mark 5HD 7-35x56 FFP TMR elevation turret dial mark misaligned with witness mark

JustPassingThrough

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2021
Texas
Am I correct to contact Leupold to warranty this brand new scope? I got a great deal on it, $1600, but I've used another identical Mark 5 and it didn't have this issue.

I tried removing the turret cap and correcting the alignment but couldn't clean it up. There is some play in the dial when not locked at zero as well.

Or am I nitpicking? I have high expectations for a Made in USA $2,400 MSRP product.

Thank you, this is my first time here so I apologize if I did something wrong.

Attachments

• 20211201_093748.jpg
    20211201_093748.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 85
My mark5 5-25 is the same, it is a little annoying. I'm sure leupold would fix it but I'm too lazy to send it in.

contact Leupold - see if they'll send you 2-3 turret caps. try all of them. chances are one will line up better than the others. then send the rest back to them.

mine did the same - it started off lined up well then as i dialed up further it got worse and worse. i tried a few different caps and found one that worked much better

also when installing the cap - try to hold it firmly lined up when tightening the screws evenly back and forth.

there will always be a tiny amount of slop unfortunately - that's just the nature of the mk5

it worked for me.

Reactions: John Glidewell
That would annoy me enough to send it in.

contact Leupold - see if they'll send you 2-3 turret caps. try all of them. chances are one will line up better than the others. then send the rest back to them.

mine did the same - it started off lined up well then as i dialed up further it got worse and worse. i tried a few different caps and found one that worked much better

also when installing the cap - try to hold it firmly lined up when tightening the screws evenly back and forth.

there will always be a tiny amount of slop unfortunately - that's just the nature of the mk5

it worked for me.
Thank you will do