• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 5HD Rings/Base

ehaleyjr86

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
Centerburg, Ohio
Learning about the discount program for Leupold is helping me make my decision for a Mark 5HD 5-25x56 for my Bergara 300prc.

Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback regarding the Mark 4 Scope Base and Mark 4 Aluminum Rings for this setup.

I have about a half dozen Mark IV ring sets (steel and aluminum) on various rifles. Excellent rings and never had a single issue with any of them. They are not the "latest and greatest," but they are solid and get the job done.

Reactions: ehaleyjr86
They're solid.

I used Backcountry Leupold stuff. Less weight and has proven to be plenty stout.

I swear, some of the advertising makes me believe they're trying to make rings and bases survive stuff a scope never could.

Reactions: ehaleyjr86
the discount program is good til, you realize they charge you $3-600 more for a usable reticle and a few hundred more for illumination.

the discount program is good til, you realize they charge you $3-600 more for a usable reticle and a few hundred more for illumination.

If you're paying more for a Horus cluttered mess that's your prerogative.

I still don't understand illumination. I have several illuminated scopes that haven't ever had a battery installed, and several more that have been dead for a long, long time. I just don't ever use it even if it's there. I'd like the option to pay less without it.

I do appreciate that they knock the extra R&D and material build costs off the non-illuminated models. Although that's why it looks pricey, it's not averaged across every single model so the R&D adds a huge expense.

All in, it's still cheaper to get a horus and illumination than buy a TMR at street price.

Learning about the discount program for Leupold is helping me make my decision for a Mark 5HD 5-25x56 for my Bergara 300prc.

Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback regarding the Mark 4 Scope Base and Mark 4 Aluminum Rings for this setup.

What is this Leupold discount program you're referring to?

I just had a mk5 delivered and I think the premium over a TMR was like a hundred bucks or so. The h58 was like 200 more but thats pretty much the same with NF.

Have not used illumination in years.

So if you picked up the MK5 5-25x56mm, what rings or mount are you using if I may ask? Looks like your original post was hijacked by salesman.