• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes leupold mark 5hd vs Athlon Cronus btr

jarredsc

Jarred s
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
Texas
hello I was wandering if anyone had experience behind each scope and could tell be about glass and build quality between the two because I am looking at getting one and I need your thoughts and opinions on the scope and with is the better buy

I have both and like them both. To me, the determining factor is the type of firearm it’s going on. If it’s a gas gun, go mark 5. Bolt gun , go Cronus. I think both are great Optics and both are at the top of this tier of Optics.

The Leupold is much lighter. The glass seems about the same to me. I prefer the turrets better on the Cronus only because they have 10 mil revs. The Leupold has 10.5. I’m just picky. However I like the M5C2 turrets on the leupold.

By the way, I’m selling both so if you have any specific questions or would like to buy one. They are also posted in the PX.

Can't speak about the athlon, but the Mark 5HD is an awesome optic. I preferred it over the ATACR honestly. The dials are crisp, loud and repeatable. The glass is as good as all the other high end optics out there, and it performs amazingly in low light and glare. Plus its light weight and it's built to take anything you can throw at it. And its designed, manufactured and assembled in the US!