• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 6 3-18 Turrets: M5B2 vs M5C2

XF2L

Private
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Currently considering purchasing the Mark 6 3-18x44. I used the Mark 6 1-6 with the lower profile type turret last year for a bit.
There are now more models available with the new low profile M5C2 for the 3-18. It's been some time as far as I can tell since anyway here gave their thoughts. Anyone have some pros and cons of the two turrets?

I don't have any personal experience with the two different turrets but Lowlight sure seemed to like the C2 turrets on the DAGR he reviewed a good while back.

I don't have any personal experience with the two different turrets but Lowlight sure seemed to like the C2 turrets on the DAGR he reviewed a good while back.

Yeah, I read that thread. I was hoping that some more people had some experience with the scopes over the last year plus. But LL's approval always helps when trying to decide on products you may not have a chance to use firsthand before you buy.

Bringing this back from the dead since I am wondering the same thing. How do people like the B2 vs C2 turrets? I am looking to get a Mk6 with a TMR. I don't think I need the illumination but don't want to get stuck with a poor turret and wish I had spent more money. OTOH the $1k price difference isn't anything to sneeze at.

I can't speak with on the C2 turret as I've never put my hands on one. But I just got a Mark 6 3-18 (mil/mil) with the Illuminated TMR in with the B2 turrets. Everything besides the B2 turret on this thing is boss. The reticle is amazing, magnification range is perfect and the clarity is impeccable. However, when it came in I found that the turret body would rotate + or - .05 mils in either direction when it's locked into place. Therefore, it's not possible to know exactly where you are dialed without actually counting all of your clicks when you rotate the turrets. I tried to tighten the turrets down but they're torqued down to their max. Doing some research on it (which I thought I had done plenty on beforehand, I'll take the hit on that) it appears that other end users have had this same problem. I want to be able to use this glass as it's the best one I've been able to find for my specific application, so I would love some input as to if anyone else had had this issue with the C2 turrets (or conversely, if anyone else has had the same issue I had with the B2 turret).

The C2 turret does feel nice, but good luck finding one that does not click inbetween hash marks.

The C2 turret does feel nice, but good luck finding one that does not click inbetween hash marks.

The B2s do this as well. I guess you can get the B2s to line up properly but they're still mushy as hell. At least mine is. I got like a .05mil play when the turret is locked. I still absolutely cannot stand the arrow on the scope body as the mark for where you are in elevation. It doesn't touch any of the hashes and is spaced a ways from the turrets. Especially on windage.

That's my thread lol.

Its a matter of the zero stop ring not being perfectly aligned with the arrow indicator on the tube. Let the stop lock things up and give it a hard twist. It will line up and be perfect after that.

That being said, the clicks were AMAZING. Better than my NF 2.5-10.

Last edited:
Is that what you did to fix it? Cuz I can imagine your proposed fix not working on a zero stop that has been over torqued at the factory.

Its hard to explain when unless you're looking at it. There are two parts to it, and its the channel of the zero stop that is a separate part, with a witness mark no-less, that isn't aligned with the arrow.

IMO, if anything they are not tightened enough. Its the difference of maybe .025" so it visually aligns. On a screw of that diameter the torque change would be incremental at best.