• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes leupold mark 6 3-18

Re: leupold mark 6 3-18

I asked the same question a couple of days ago about the Leupold mark 8 3.5-25 got silence.

I got to put my hands on one recently, I was Impressed with how compact and light it was. Optically it seemed very impressive as well, very clear and bright.
IMHO, it didnt feel as sturdy as I would have liked, especially the turrets. This is just my first impression from playing with it for a few minutes.

I was also told the price would be around $1800.00
This scope is Leupold,s answer to the Bushnell HDMR.

There was a mark 8 3.5-25 there as well, but after hearing the $3500.00 + price I lost interest.

I'm told they will be shipping late next month, we will see if that happens. I really would like to get one myself.

We have a few on order.
115292 Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) M5B2, Matte, Front Focal CMR-W
115293 Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) M5B2, Matte, Front Focal TREMOR 2

Here is a link to them on our website, we are dong per-orders.
http://www.cstactical.com/MARK-6/-MARK-8.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bv3q3P3HIG4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike @ CST

and how is it possible to take 400 dollars for a f*n reticle? The Horus pricing has bugged me a long time...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sirhitalot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and how is it possible to take 400 dollars for a f*n reticle? The Horus pricing has bugged me a long time...</div></div>

A very stiff royalty fee.

Any reviews on the glass and how it compares to other scopes in it's price range like night force ect

LaRue showing on thier site 2370.00 w/ horus and mount. unknown if in stock or taking per-orders.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grkmec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone give me a rundown of how the MK6 compares to the MK4? </div></div>

The information is listed on their pages. It shouldn't be too hard to research. A few obvious differences:

Mark 6
-locking turrets
-34mm
-FFP reticles, Horus, etc.
-6x magnification
-no illuminated reticle
-.1 milrad adjustments

Mark 4
-30mm (except the new locking 6.5-20x FFP)
-SFP (except the new M5 FFP models)
-option to have illuminated reticle
-choice of .1mrad or .25 MOA knobs

Thinking about picking up one of these mark6's. Anyone have one that can provide some feedback?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mhines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked the same question a couple of days ago about the Leupold mark 8 3.5-25 got silence.

</div></div>

Wait till November/December time frame for the 3.5-25s. Production and demand are high with the MK6 3-18s right now. I got my hands on the MK6 and compared to my 34mm MK4 I think the glass is better in the MK6.

I picked up a Mark 6 3-18 a few weeks ago. It will be going on my Larue PredatOBR 7.62 once they start to produce these. Last weekend I mounted it on top of my Larue PredatAR 5.56. The glass is very nice. The size and weight of this scope is tremendous. Looking forward to testing it out more on my 7.62 platform in the future.

I've been interested in one of these for a while but hesitated because it isn't THAT much more to go all the way to an S&B 3-20, has anyone done a comparison of the two yet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L3IRQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been interested in one of these for a while but hesitated because it isn't THAT much more to go all the way to an S&B 3-20, has anyone done a comparison of the two yet?</div></div>

A few points on the Mark 6 3-18x and S&B 3-20:
- The Mark 6 is shorter and lighter by a healthy margin.
- Both have 34mm tubes. The mounting length is about the same off of the top of my head regarding mounting solutions.
- Both have locking turrets with the Mark 6 using a pinch system that has to be "deactivated" for every adjustment while the S&B is a lifting design that is activated when desired. For traditional dialing of both adjustments or just dialing elevation and locking and holding wind, I like the S&B design better. For grid style reticles with mainly holds the Mark 6 design really doesn't matter. Also, the S&B has a much more tactile feel vs the Leupold. The MTC feature is kind of cool but takes a little getting used with the stopping at every Mil.
- The S&B is illuminated while the Mark 6 is not for those that see a need.
- When it comes to glass, the Leupold is a Leupold and the Schmidt is a Schmidt.. no more, no less.
- While is may seem minor, the Tenebraex covers that come on the 3-20xs are a very nice feature for usable, durable scope caps without having to add cost to the scope.
- The S&B has a wider variety of reticles available depending on use while the Mark 6 currently has three offered (but not even shipping all right now).

For a compact and diverse scope for use on a compact bolt gun, 5.56 or .308 gas gun, the 3-18x does offer a lot of scope in a small package. If it is being used primarily to 6-800 and in, the Mark 6 is something that will deliver most of what a person needs for a wide variety of shooting. It is a cool little scope (never thought I'd say that about a Leupold), but I don't have enough time behind one yet to say if it is worth the full asking price.

The 3-20x is bigger but is a little more suited to traditional long range type shooting. The glass and slightly more magnification help for longer distances, better target identification, wind reading, etc. While some may say these have been hit or miss, they are solid scopes that offer a lot of features and reticles if you can stomach the asking price.

Figure out what kind of shooting you want to do and then look at each for what they are and were designed for.

-Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sales@MileHigh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L3IRQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been interested in one of these for a while but hesitated because it isn't THAT much more to go all the way to an S&B 3-20, has anyone done a comparison of the two yet?</div></div>

A few points on the Mark 6 3-18x and S&B 3-20:
- The Mark 6 is shorter and lighter by a healthy margin.
- Both have 34mm tubes. The mounting length is about the same off of the top of my head regarding mounting solutions.
- Both have locking turrets with the Mark 6 using a pinch system that has to be "deactivated" for every adjustment while the S&B is a lifting design that is activated when desired. For traditional dialing of both adjustments or just dialing elevation and locking and holding wind, I like the S&B design better. For grid style reticles with mainly holds the Mark 6 design really doesn't matter. Also, the S&B has a much more tactile feel vs the Leupold. The MTC feature is kind of cool but takes a little getting used with the stopping at every Mil.
- The S&B is illuminated while the Mark 6 is not for those that see a need.
- When it comes to glass, the Leupold is a Leupold and the Schmidt is a Schmidt.. no more, no less.
- While is may seem minor, the Tenebraex covers that come on the 3-20xs are a very nice feature for usable, durable scope caps without having to add cost to the scope.
- The S&B has a wider variety of reticles available depending on use while the Mark 6 currently has three offered (but not even shipping all right now).

For a compact and diverse scope for use on a compact bolt gun, 5.56 or .308 gas gun, the 3-18x does offer a lot of scope in a small package. If it is being used primarily to 6-800 and in, the Mark 6 is something that will deliver most of what a person needs for a wide variety of shooting. It is a cool little scope (never thought I'd say that about a Leupold), but I don't have enough time behind one yet to say if it is worth the full asking price.

The 3-20x is bigger but is a little more suited to traditional long range type shooting. The glass and slightly more magnification help for longer distances, better target identification, wind reading, etc. While some may say these have been hit or miss, they are solid scopes that offer a lot of features and reticles if you can stomach the asking price.

Figure out what kind of shooting you want to do and then look at each for what they are and were designed for.

-Sean </div></div>

Much appreciated sir! It will be going on a 20" larue OBR, guess I just have to decide if that warrants the extra power or not, although having only S&B in the fleet makes customer service awesome since I'm only about 5 minutes from their US repair center.

Yes they are out, yes they are available with H58 reticles. I put 800 rounds under one this past week, I do not have any gripes or concerns about function or features.

I can't compare to all that much, but for reference I can conclude the following opinion about the MK6s notable points:

23oz wieght
12" overall length
Easy rotating yet secure zoom ring
Capped windage with low profile turret
Solid and simple zero stop mechanism (single 1/8" allen set screw)
Simple and quick zero set ring (no tools required)
High resolution glass with good low light performance

I recognize peple often compare glass quality and I also recognise the comparison can be subjective, with that said I am very pleased about the glass used in this optic.

23oz, 12" optic is perfect for a lightweight application. The locking turret is not an issue, but if one was going to dial correction for ever shot it would take some getting used to and would probably not be optimal.

Haven't seen many photos of these mounted on bolt actions, for size reference:
_DSC0701.jpg

_DSC0691.jpg

With a suppressor on my 6.5, POI shift vertically by .6 mil. The H58 reticle and negative zero stop set make the transition from unsupressed to supressed very quick. I could do this on all my other optics, but this scopes features make it a bit faster(for me).

This is 2 minutes of your existance that will not be refunded - http://youtu.be/poLL3Mhqg0o

Does the windage turret have windage stops(Does it stop at 5-6 mils in either direction and stop)?

Thanks for posting your review and pictures as I along with many others have been wondering about this optic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phreakmode</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sure does, windage stops at 5 mil </div></div>
as far as I can tell this scope is one of the most compact ones and lightest in weight for its magnification range. That combined with a ton of elevation adjustment is making this scope more and more desirable.

Well I finally broke down and ordered a Mark 6 3-18x with the H58 reticle. I would have preferred Tremor but those are apparently made from unobtainium.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Commander Shepard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I finally broke down and ordered a Mark 6 3-18x with the H58 reticle. I would have preferred Tremor but those are apparently made from unobtainium.

</div></div>

I called Leupold last week after a few blow hards on this site said the tremor would not be available until next year and was told they are finished and are now being packaged and will be out the door to distributors in the next 2-3 weeks. This included the h58 and the tremor2. I have had one on order since June. Patiently waiting.

Thanks for the reviews guys. Do you know if leupold plans to ass illumination to the mark6 3-18 at some point?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grkmec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know if leupold plans to ass illumination to the mark6 3-18 at some point? </div></div>

That will make for some interesting illuminating.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVdubbin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm interested in one with the Tremor2 reticle. </div></div>

I called Leupold again on Wednesday, they said maybe next month for the Tremor model.

LEUPOLD Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) M5B2 Matte Front Focal CMR-W

so the 5.56mm reticle is the same as the 7.62mm...sorry I'm confused thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColdBoreMiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched one break last weekend at a match, does that count?</div></div>

You have my attention, sir....

Impatiently waiting to read what happened....
smile.gif

Hey gents,
Cold Bore was referring to my scope that went down at the match last weekend.

I have been openly anti Leupold as this will make 8 failed scopes in the past..... say 12 years that I have been seriously shooting precision rifle. Yes 8.

I was given the Mark 6 by my boss to run through the paces and I figured since I hunt hard and shoot a lot, I would put it on my DTA covert huning rifle. The scope had seen no more than 100 of 308 and exactly 427 rounds of 7WSM. Every round suppressed.

From the first week I put this scope on my rifle I had high hopes. Light, compact, H58 reticle, locking turrets, decent glass.......

.....also from the first week, it never returned to zero and had mushy knobs. I could get a hard 100 yard zero and run it 6 mils to 1000 and make my first round hit. Drop it back down and it would be half mil off. Kind of makes it hard to dial out the error for a switch barrel rifle. Yes, to be certain it wasn't the rifle, I put a NightForce F1 on and did the same test. Wasn't the rifle.

Well it had the Horus, so if I could get the zero on and never touch the scope, I was good. Just hold off anyhow. Killed some animals with the rifle and all was content not messing with it. The 7WSM is a laser with the DTM ammo (plug intended) and as long as I didn't touch the elevation knob it was good. Glad they had locking turrets.

Since this rifle has by far seen the most use this fall, I figured I would just run it in the match. All started out well. Cold bore and follow ups, crazy steel, precision paper, no problems. in the position shooting I just thought it was me crapping the bed, hey, it's happened before, but the spotter was calling elevation dead on an a left miss, right miss, left miss..... I finished and went over on the firin line and had a buddy tap the scope while I was looking through it. Reticle is bouncing.

You could literally see the reticle bounce inside the scope as it was tapped. No good in my book obviously.

I lived in Beaverton for a few years a while back and actually took a Mark 4 in because it would not adjust anymore. I shot a lot of F-Class back then. They told me the issue was that the scopes were not built for that type of repeated adjustment. Wait..... What the F*$#?

Anyhow. The scope is off the rifle and back at Leupold. Not dealing with anything they put out anymore.

Vortex, Steiner, Kahles, S&B, USO, NightForce..... They will keep getting my money.

Leupold has seriously let me down on multiple fronts. I have talked to the Reps here at work and they assured me that they were good and would make me happy...... negative ghost rider.

Russ W

Thank you for your report Russ..
It confirms i made the right choice ordering a schmidt 3-20 instead of a mark 6 to mount on the DTA i'm waiting for..

We have been getting a few of the 3-18x in stock. From what I have seen and the feedback we are getting they are very nice scopes.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: archad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LEUPOLD Mark 6 3-18x44mm (34mm) M5B2 Matte Front Focal CMR-W

so the 5.56mm reticle is the same as the 7.62mm...sorry I'm confused thanks </div></div>

They have a 223 and a 7.62 version.

Mike @ CST

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey gents,
Cold Bore was referring to my scope that went down at the match last weekend.

I have been openly anti Leupold as this will make 8 failed scopes in the past..... say 12 years that I have been seriously shooting precision rifle. Yes 8.

I was given the Mark 6 by my boss to run through the paces and I figured since I hunt hard and shoot a lot, I would put it on my DTA covert huning rifle. The scope had seen no more than 100 of 308 and exactly 427 rounds of 7WSM. Every round suppressed.

From the first week I put this scope on my rifle I had high hopes. Light, compact, H58 reticle, locking turrets, decent glass.......

.....also from the first week, it never returned to zero and had mushy knobs. I could get a hard 100 yard zero and run it 6 mils to 1000 and make my first round hit. Drop it back down and it would be half mil off. Kind of makes it hard to dial out the error for a switch barrel rifle. Yes, to be certain it wasn't the rifle, I put a NightForce F1 on and did the same test. Wasn't the rifle.

Well it had the Horus, so if I could get the zero on and never touch the scope, I was good. Just hold off anyhow. Killed some animals with the rifle and all was content not messing with it. The 7WSM is a laser with the DTM ammo (plug intended) and as long as I didn't touch the elevation knob it was good. Glad they had locking turrets.

Since this rifle has by far seen the most use this fall, I figured I would just run it in the match. All started out well. Cold bore and follow ups, crazy steel, precision paper, no problems. in the position shooting I just thought it was me crapping the bed, hey, it's happened before, but the spotter was calling elevation dead on an a left miss, right miss, left miss..... I finished and went over on the firin line and had a buddy tap the scope while I was looking through it. Reticle is bouncing.

You could literally see the reticle bounce inside the scope as it was tapped. No good in my book obviously.

I lived in Beaverton for a few years a while back and actually took a Mark 4 in because it would not adjust anymore. I shot a lot of F-Class back then. They told me the issue was that the scopes were not built for that type of repeated adjustment. Wait..... What the F*$#?

Anyhow. The scope is off the rifle and back at Leupold. Not dealing with anything they put out anymore.

Vortex, Steiner, Kahles, S&B, USO, NightForce..... They will keep getting my money.

Leupold has seriously let me down on multiple fronts. I have talked to the Reps here at work and they assured me that they were good and would make me happy...... negative ghost rider.

Russ W
</div></div>

this sounds like most of the leupolds I have used. I think the dial up and return to zero repeated time after time causes more and more error from zero in the tracking system that if done once or twice isn't noticable, do it 20 times and its likely to show up.

So I looked at one today. It had the hold overs out to 1200 meters so I assume that is the .308 version. What is the .308 version part#? thanks

I have shot alot of these scopes. I have had good return to zero after dialing. The team that won the open class at the Ft Benning International match shot this scope and dialed the whole match with no issues.