• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark AR 4-12x40 and 6-18x40?

BenY 2013

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2012
SW Arkansas
Trying to find reviews of this scope but I am not seeing much. Are these scopes good for the money? Good audible clicks? How is the clarity of the glass compared to say the SWFA SS Mil/Mil line? I have one of these on my .22LR and have been considering swapping to something else. I just wanted your opinions on this scope. I know it says calibrated for the .223 caliber, how exactly does that work? Would it still work for rimfire? Thank you!

Ben

I have one of the 4-12s on my CZ527. I like the scope very much. Very nice glass. I would rate it considerably better than the SWAF referenced, but glass is subjective. Nice, repeatable, tactile clicks. I simply ignore the BDC markings on the turret, as they are marked in mils as well.

Before the 4-12, I have a 3-9 Firedot TMR. For me, the TMR reticle in these scopes is way to thick, obscuring too much of the target. Otherwise, a nice scope as well.

I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that the Mark AR's are basically the tactical versions of a VX-2. Which if the case, should be a really good scope for the money. I run 3 VX-2's on my hunting rigs and the are good to go! I'd still like to hear more on the Mark AR though...

I have an original and the Mod 1. Both are 6-18's. I stripped out the screws on the elevation dial on the Mod 1, but Leupold sent me a new one. I'm happy with both of them. My SS3-15 comes in tomorrow and I'm looking forward to comparing the glass on them.

Seems fine to me, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it near dusk. I mostly use it on ground squirrels. I have an easier time shooting it on 18x than I do shooting my SS 5-20 on 20x. Not saying it is better than the SS, but for what I do it suits me just fine.

I am glad to hear the scope is good! Only things I have concerns about is if they have enough elevation for the .22LR and also if the turrets being calibrated for the .223 will be an issue. Or did someone say that they are just marked for Mils? Thanks

Ben

i have the 6-18 on my AR build - the scope seems very nice. I have only used it for daylight target shooting. the magnification is a little low for serious paper target in my opinion.

I have had some trouble getting the reticle to focus for my eyes. My eyes are not as sharp as they used to be, but I dont seem to have as much trouble with my nightforce. Anyone else had this problem? I think it is probably just my nearsightedness, so dont take it as a criticism of the scope.