• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold "Mark AR" scope experience anyone?

9H_Cracka

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2005
WAY off base (COS CO)
Leupold appears to be marketing an AR-specific scope for 2009.

- fix obj
- 3-9 2FP
- Mil-dot reticle
- half MOA medium height covered knobs
- matte black/no gold ring

Does anyone have experience with this scope? Davidson's has them for $289 right now. Seems to be a decent option for a hunting scope for those of us that like to dial as well as use a mil-radian reticle. Thanks.

Re: Leupold "Mark AR" scope experience anyone?

Agree that these scopes, for price of VX-II give you a great reticle. Install a pair of Stoney Point turret caps and you have a nice low-price tactical scope.

The 1-4x is excellent with weaver xtr low rings on an A2 carry handle mount.

ETA, have seen these on Ebay from dealers very affordably priced. Did not realize they came with the 1/2moa turret cap. Quite a deal...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leupold appears to be marketing an AR-specific scope for 2009.

- fix obj
- 3-9 2FP
- Mil-dot reticle
- half MOA medium height covered knobs
- matte black/no gold ring

Does anyone have experience with this scope? Davidson's has them for $289 right now. Seems to be a decent option for a hunting scope for those of us that like to dial as well as use a mil-radian reticle. Thanks. </div></div>

Can you provide the link to the sale?

anything 3x9 screams hunting scope.......don't get wrapped about the axle thinking that you got a surgically precise scope w/ a fixed parallax............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anything 3x9 screams hunting scope.......don't get wrapped about the axle thinking that you got a surgically precise scope w/ a fixed parallax............ </div></div>

I prefer to rely on consistent head position rather than gadgets for my precision.

Also note comment in original post re: using this as a hunting scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [email protected]</div><div class="ubbcode-body">evolution gun works had these on their website as well </div></div>

Mil-dot version $350, pretty good.... this is by no means a NF, or even a Mark 4, but i think it is good enough to be used with ARs....

Anyone have ANY idea where these are made? And what warranty do they carry? Are they offshore junk w/ the Leupold name? or are they as good as say, maybe their VX2 line?

These seems to be the SAME spec as their Mark 2 line, while quite a bit cheaper...

I think I remember that Leupold made these in the US and carry their standard lifetime warranty.

Talked to Leupold, basically the same as Mark 2s!! (while Mark 2s are $550 for the mil-dot version)

Made in USA, lifetime warranty.

Man, this is too good to be true.

Now, EGW is $350, dealer pricing is somewhere in the hi-$200. Who else sell these for less than $350? I want to get one to just check it out.

I have the 3-9x40, but without mildots.
Im regretting that decision now (would've liked mildots)
but it's no big deal.

It is mounted on my 700 Varmint in 308.

I think it is a really nice scope for the money, great value.
Basically the same as a Mark 2 as you said, only cheaper.

I'm going to the range tomorrow to try it for the first time on the 700, can take some pictures after and post them.

Opticsplanet has the Mil-dot version for $315 shipped.

Ordered @ 1pm today, it is shipped @ 3:30pm!