• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark4 ER/T M5A2 (34mm)

LongShot94

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Is this scope still competitive with others in the same price range? I have a lead on a mil overrun one with the H58 Reticle for under 2k. Outside of the military it doesn't seem like a very popular optic, the only reviews I can find are 3-4 years old and for the most part are postitive. Are there other options out there that are better for the price?

I have one now and used one in the military. It definitely holds its own. Is it the best, no. But I would put it in the low end of the top tier category. I have no problem hitting targets at the same range as I do with my top tier scopes.

It is a decent scope. It does not compare to the other Leuopold Mk4's in the same magnification (6.5-20). I am a little biased, as I build military replica weapons, and this scope is part of the Remington M2010 ..300 WM sniper rifle. This scope comes with a BDC turret for the specific military Black Hills ammo, and is heavier duty and is 34mm, and all others in this line are 30mm. Also, it is in MRAD and H58 or 59.

This scope has a retail price of $2,000, and if I were not building for the M2010, I would personally choose a different scope in this general magnification range, but that is me. The other Mk4 30mm scopes in this magnification range sell for $1,200 to $1,7000, but do not have the Horus reticle that this scope does. If I could buy this scope for $1,600, I surely would. For $2,000, all other things being equal, I would either buy the Vortex HD-II, or spend a little bit more, and get a USO, NF or S&B.