• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which optics would you choose based on reticle consolidation and optical performance?

• 5-25 on gasser, 7-35 on bolt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5-25 on both

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • 7-35 on both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (leave detailed example of what you’d do)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

wilsoN_

Registered Lurker
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2019
West Virginia
So just picked up an LMT MWS Mars-H 6.5CM gas gun for precision shooting to compliment my bolt and looking to add an optic. I’m usually a fan of higher mag scopes and I’m trying to consolidate reticles.

I originally was planning to run a 3.6-18 on the gun and add a 5-25 or 7-35 for my precision bolt, currently have a Meopta Optika6 5-30 on the bolt and I’ve been happy so far but wanting to try something new and maybe a touch lighter as this action may end up in a Manners Carbon stock in the future.

So back on track to my dilemma, keeping reticles consolidated. This leaves me to the idea of running a 5-25 tremor 3 on the gasser and a 7-35 on the bolt or should I just go 5-25 on both or 7-35 on both?

I’ve been beating this around in my head for days 😅 the LMT will be here Saturday so wanting to get the ball rolling. Also I’ve looked at other brand offerings and they don’t check all the boxes the Mark5 does at its price point.

Reactions: CSTactical
I've had both. CCH reticles in both. First I had the 5-25 and liked it, then sold it and bought a 7-35. So.....I don't have them both now to look through side by side, but I think if I had a magic wand, I'd bring back the 5-25. They are both good, but I think I was happier with the 5-25.

Reactions: simonp and wilsoN_
If I was in your shoes, I'd run two MK5HD 5-25's with the PR2 reticle which I think is the best tree reticle they currently offer :)
Well unfortunately they aren’t on sale and also aren’t illuminated, I do a fair amount of shooting at low light. I can get a 5-25 Tremor3 illuminated for $1799 and the 7-35 in the same flavor for $1980.

I don't look at platform as much as I do distance. 7-35x is a lot of glass but if you need a built in spotting scope, why not!

5.56 gas guns are all I own, and find that a 3-18, 2.5-20, etc work really well for the 25-600 yard, and beyond, type of shooting.

Hit up Scott at Liberty Optics I've bought my last 3 MK5 HDs from him... Can't find em cheaper anywhere else
Scott has been good to me as well