• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark5 Minimum Focus Distance

3.6-18x44 mark 5hd will focus to about 25 yards, but not much closer. the parallax is marked 75/100 on up, but it dials well below that.

My 5-25 doesn’t dial much below 75. And, I found that the 75 mark is closer to 100 in my example... It’s not on a 22lr, so no biggie, but ymmv.

• Haha
Reactions: theLBC
My 5-25 doesn’t dial much below 75. And, I found that the 75 mark is closer to 100 in my example... It’s not on a 22lr, so no biggie, but ymmv.
i had to check just yesterday because somebody else asked the same question.
i'll have to check up at 18x tomorrow, but at 3.6 mine is good to ~25 yards

Focus and parallax are WAY mor forgiving at low power. I’d put dollars to donuts that your scope isn’t as accommodating at max mag.

Focus and parallax are WAY mor forgiving at low power. I’d put dollars to donuts that your scope isn’t as accommodating at max mag.
yup, i just checked again and the closest i can get good focus at 3.6x is about 20 yards. for 18x it is more like 40 yards.

That's why you can adjust the parallax knob. Mine was at about 300 when it was focused at 100. Loosened the screws and spun it, everything lines up great now.

My 5-25 will do about 50, but it's not a good .22 scope. I could shoot it close on 5x, but it's just out of it's element there.