• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark6 3-18 still viable???

jerhelo

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2014
Melbourne, FL
Anyone still running a mark6 3-18. still viable with current choices??? Debating on a choice for a new KAC APC. I guess i am old school as i just prefer a mildot simplistic reticle.

Still viable? What does that mean?
The 25+ year old Mk4 10x scopes and similar are still “viable”.

I briefly had a Mk6 3-18x44 with a tremor 2 and glass was bright, sharp and resolute up to about 12x then the darkening began. At 18x it’s dark. So I’d go Mk5 which as better glass at higher magnifications if you want something for lower light and wish to stay with a Leupold. Otherwise the ATACR 4-16x42 is my favorite scope that general mag range and price point.

Reactions: jerhelo
I have used a mk6 h59 for years and it is still my favorite scope. I move it from my dmr to my long range gun to my hunting rifle so It's sort of a jack of all trades for me. I personally like it over the mark 5 because it is shorter, lighter, and has a lower profile elevation turret which I prefer. It could be argued that the mk5 has better glass on the top end but it is very close. I love mine and don't see it being outdated at all especially since I don't really see anything similiar in size and weight. The m5c2 turrets are excellent but stay away from the dogshit "squeeze" turrets.