• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold Military Discount questions????

SFC RHYNO

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2020
USA
I have been looking for a MK4 spotting scope on the Leupold website for a couple years now. I have the military discount account and it's a pretty considerable savings. I'm glad they offer it other than nothing is ever available. It has said the MK4 in any reticle is out of stock for at least two years. Specifically I'm looking for a tremor or H32 reticle, not inverted. Just frustrating they have been unobtainable from them. It's nearly an $800 difference. Anyone know why they are unavailable?

Is hornady still making anything in the mk4 line? As far as I know, they haven't been for years. Also, the mark IV stuff was sold almost exclusively through military and police contracts. If my memory serves, they barely sold that stuff direct to the public until they were at the end and trying to clear it out. I remember a time when people where buying mark3 scopes and buying the mark4 turrets (which I believe was the only actual difference), so they could put them on their clones.

That entire post could be incorrect though, just the way I remember it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1911hombre
Have you compared the Gold Ring HD series with the impact reticle? The specs are the same. but it's in stock, and I don't see much difference between the H32 and Impact reticles. I've been running a 12x40 Leupold spotter since having one done up by Premier Reticles with their mildot system back in the long ago days!

I had a vendor tell me that the Mark IV 12-40x60mm were all headed for Ukraine.

If you think you find one, make sure you call and ensure they physically have it in stock and aren’t a drop shipper.

Edited to add — if you buy a Gold Ring with the Impact Reticle I don’t think you will be missing much compared to the Mark 4 with H32. I compared this scope to my Mark 4 with TMR reticle last month and beyond the reticle differences noticed no performance differences.

Or, shorter, a Gold Ring in the hand is worth two Mark 4s in the bush.

-Stan

Last edited:
I have been looking for a MK4 spotting scope on the Leupold website for a couple years now. I have the military discount account and it's a pretty considerable savings. I'm glad they offer it other than nothing is ever available. It has said the MK4 in any reticle is out of stock for at least two years. Specifically I'm looking for a tremor or H32 reticle, not inverted. Just frustrating they have been unobtainable from them. It's nearly an $800 difference. Anyone know why they are unavailable?
In my experience, everything I want through leupold is always out of stock

Reactions: Simonsza1
They could be phasing that combination out. I went with a mk4 spotter and TMR reticle when I ordered mine a few years ago. The TMR is good enough for a spotter, where I’m just giving shooters a quick correction. It doesn’t need to be as precise as the shooters reticle.

The Mark 4 spotting scopes are all heading overseas. As a direct Leupold dealer (we order from Leupold), we have orders that are over a year old that have not been filled. The military and professional discount programs are on a space-available, end-of-the-line basis for pretty much every scope manufacturer, which you would expect. We are hoping to get our 2022 orders maybe in March, 2024. It has a downstream impact, as we also sell the Cadex inverter cage and have those in-stock, so we cannot sell, what otherwise is a very hot item, as nobody is able to get the Mark 4 spotting scope.

Reactions: JFR