• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mk 4 4.5-14 PR vs. Busnell 6500 2.5-16?

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I can get a pretty decent deal on the Leupy Mk 4 PR, which would make it real close in price to what I could get the 6500 for. I like both scopes, but am leaning towards the Leupy. I just don't have any experience with either. Which would you run and why? Also, are the PR turrets more like the VX-III turrets? Thanks in advance.

Re: Leupold Mk 4 4.5-14 PR vs. Busnell 6500 2.5-16?

I had that Leupold scope and it worked great for me. The POI was always repeatable and never had an issue with it. The knobs are the same as the VX-III LR turrets. Plus they are upgradable to M1 knobs if you send it in to Leupold. I think $150 for both knobs. I don't have much experience with the Bushy 6500 but a big negative that jumped out at me was that there were no indicators on the elevation knob to know how many revolutions have been made.

Thanks for the input.

That's a good point. I have that 6500 and the optics I think are awesome. I can remember turning the knob a bunch and forgetting wear I was.

i have the mark 4 4.5-14 and i love it. i can only vouch for it though, i have never had a bushnell.