• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold MK4 3.5x10 question??

Old Coach

Minuteman
Jul 5, 2007
WNC
I have a Leupold MK4 3.5x10 LR/T scope that came on a rilfe I traded for.
I called Leupold a varified the ser#, it is a Leup. scope made in 2004.
The knobs look to be M-1 type knobs.
The recticle is a Mil-Dot but it has smaller dots spaced between the reg Mil-Dots.
What is this recticle?
What is the benefit of the smaller dots?
Approx value for this scope?
THANKS
Coach

Re: Leupold MK4 3.5x10 question??

Jason:
They are dashes.
I had to look at the snow outside to tell the difference.
The recticle changes size with the power setting.

I would say 5-6 bills is what you'll get, either ebay it or put it up for ~650 and take offers. They seem to go very well on ebay, never had a problem selling one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Old Coach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason:
They are dashes.
I had to look at the snow outside to tell the difference.
The recticle changes size with the power setting.
</div></div>

It sounds like you have a Gen II mildot and front focal plane conversion done by Premier Reticle.

It is hard to put a price on it since Premier and Leupold had their parting of the ways. The warranty is the biggest issue with that scope.

If the reticle appears to get bigger as you go up in power then it's FFP. It's likely worth $850-$1000 I'd guess.

I have the same recticle in my leupold.
When i called leupold and described it to the tech, he told me it was a Premier Recticle and not a TMR

The recticle changes size as the power ring is moved.
It must be a FFP scope.
I checked and Premire did make a FFP conversion for Leupold scopes and the 3.5x10 was one of them.
The scope came on a Kampfeld Custom 243AI rifle and seems to work great.
I don't want to sell it, jsut needed to know its value.
Thanks for the help.

Coach

I just got a hold of one of these as well. It's the 8.5-25 power. I'm sending it in to get 1/10th mil adjustments after I get it to the range and see how it tracks and everything. The reticle is great IMO and the older Leupolds seem to not have the problems all the newer ones do. Mine says Made in USA but not sure what year they started outsourcing and taking the Made in USA off of them. I'd be willing to say it's worth around $1000 like JasonK said. I talked to Leupold on the phone and they said they would still warranty these scopes as long as Premier hadn't done anything that compromised it's durability. Hopefully this is the case.