• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Leupold Mk4 - NV options

Longshot85

Incognito
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
Gents of expertise,

I'm dipping into the night game with a couple family members.

They are getting Atn X sight 4k 3x14 (yes I know....be gentle guys.....they aren't into the long range game like we are.)

I'm wondering what options are out there for the Mk4. I'm trying to keep cost as low as possible (yes I know....again....flame me but not too hard lol.)

What IR illuminators and lasers work good enough for me to spot coyotes out to 400 yards?

Has anyone used a decent illuminator and then ran a DIY NV camera with small screen behind an MK4?

Tell me any tips and info you'd like about spotting at night.

Flame as hard as you want actually...I just want realistic info and feedback

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:
Luma elir3 is a extremely bright illuminator. Its laser based and with the filter removed NOT eye safe. Treat it like a loaded weapon. It can blind you.

Luma elir3 is a extremely bright illuminator. Its laser based and with the filter removed NOT eye safe. Treat it like a loaded weapon. It can blind you.
Thanks!! I'll check it out👍👍

Keep it coming 😎

I'll also add I have:

Band saw
Belt sander
Tig welder
Drill press (taps dies etc)

So making mounts, base plates, cutting rails to make mounts etc is within my realm of capabilities

And if I need to make a fabric hood to hide under and hide any visible light from a screen while spotting can be done too

Thanks!! I'll check it out👍👍

Keep it coming 😎
Also the most reasonably priced laser. $350~ They also have 2 led based illuminators, the new one is 940nm I believe which is damn near invisible to the naked eye. I know coyotes almost always look at me when they see the illuminator kick on, sometimes it spooks them, some not. There are filters that can be installed but it cuts down on light output.

Reactions: Longshot85
Man you can get a lot of mileage from a nice used gen3 pvs-14 and couple it to the spotter. You’ll also have the versatility to use it for various things from helmet to weapon mount. If you look around one can be had for under $2k. I know you said on the cheap but nothing in this game works that way and if you’re gonna spend hard earned money make use of it

Reactions: Longshot85
Are there any options other than a pvs14 or similar style NV that are usable?

Can anything work in front NV or thermal? (I'm thinking not because of the minimum magnification being fairly high to be zoomed in on anything with pixels)