• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Leupold MK4 question?

Stalpeth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Metropolis, IL
I recently bought a Mark 4 with the M3 dial in 308 from another member here but want to use it on my new custom 3006. What I am wanting to know is can Leupold make me a M3 dial that is not setup for a specific caliber but just set in 1/4 adjustments. I know I can call Leupold direct and I have tried but every time I call there is a long wait so just wanted to know if someone knows. Thanks

Re: Leupold MK4 question?

It will be in 1moa adjustments because of the click value of the M3 dials.

The easy answer is yes, a normal M3 should be available. Just give 'em a shout at the custom shop, should be helpful.

I would just use the scope dial as is because each notch is still 1 MOA regardless of what caliber markings are on it.

I make dope rings for all my scopes anyways based on that specific rifle and it's tuned load ... you could just cover the 308 and mark it for your 30-06 load.

SB_02.jpg

Pretty sure they can make you a different cam...but doubtful on the 1/4 MOA conversion.

If you don't want to be on hold on the phone with them, you could probably email Leupold customer service to get your answer.

Guys thanks for all the help I called again yesterday and got to speak with a rep. He told me I had 2 option's either I could get a custom M3 dial setup for the 3006 load that I plan to use ( $59.99 2-3 weeks turn around ) or send it in and have the M1 knobs installed ( elev. & windage for $129.99 3-4 weeks turn around ) So I guess I will go with the M1. Thanks again for all your help.