• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mk5 HD 3.6-18x tree reticle??

CageFighter

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
North NJ
any1 shooting a semi w/ the Mk5 3-18x? if so, what xmas tree reticle are you using? (no interest in TMR) there r so many choices, its confusing. will be shooting the GGGS afew times a year. leaning toward the T3, but the H59 & CCH is less busy.

Is there much of price difference with the H59 ? If yes, is it worth it? It seems to be a choice between open or center crosshair.
T3 and H59 are typically the same price (both are horus licensed reticles), but CCH is slightly less.

I use my mk 6's on semi's, same power, and for me they are perfect for that platform. Have one T3 reticle, which is nice, but better suited in a higher magnification optic. Just my preference due to thinner lines.

H58/59, is my preference on a semi with this optic model, much easier to see the reticle using hold overs. I looked through a CCH model, but that has been over a year ago. Liked the reticle, but I cannot give a honest opion on it.

I am no expert, and should stop there.

But, I run the CCH, and like it. Rather than constantly jumping around on gear, I just stuck with it and made it mine. Its on every rifle, and I learned it.

Reticles are kinda close, minimal tweaks, really. Pick one and just run it till you know it like the back of your hand.

If you can wait, word on the street is the new reticle is usable. If not go with a Burris xtr III with the scr2 reticle. I have owned and used both scopes. I like the mark 5 turrets and feel more, glass is about a wash, and the Burris reticle is way better than any of the current Leupold reticles. I dumped my H59 and went to the scr2. You can actually see through the tree.

I’ve heard about this reticle, would love to see a picture of it.
i'm curious too, but i expect it to be prs focused, so it may not be a "tactical" type reticle like the H59/T3. it may be more like the SCR.

He said he's been using it the last match or two. All Leupold needs is a solid tree reticle and it's a solid package.

i'm curious too, but i expect it to be prs focused, so it may not be a "tactical" type reticle like the H59/T3. it may be more like the SCR.
It will def be PRS focused. I am expecting it to be along the lines of the Vortex EBR/Khales SKMR with a pretty open top 1/2 of the reticle. Just going off what JP has said.