• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Leupold MK6 1-6 CMR-W vs TMR-D

Leupold MK6 1-6 CMR-W vs TMR-D

• Total voters

mckelveymx

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Alabama
I'm getting a Leupold MK6 1-6 for an AR15 223 Wylde build. I'm torn between getting the CMR-W 5.56 reticle or the TMR-D mil reticle. With the TMR ret. I could throw it on my LMT MWS for fun also. I'm learning to use a higher power mil/mil scope on the LMT MWS right now. So should I stick with the mil/mil TMR for my 223 wylde build also? How is usability on each of these reticles? I appreciate advice and suggestions.

The cmr 7.62 reticle matches much better with the 77gr mk262 ammunition, the cmr 5.56 is matched to higher speed lower weight projectiles. Do not let the reticle names mis lead you in to thinking they are for that, and only that caliber. More important than what you will be mounting the optic on, is how you intend to use the rifle, people would be able to give better suggestions if that was known.

I'm considering a 1-6 or two and also the CQBSS for a few AR's that need glass and I'm leaning towards the TMR. I like the center section of the CMR better but I dislike BDC reticles that don't have even line spacing, I've never gotten one to match up right. I always end up doing a lot of extra work to find out impact points and then spend more time reading a ballistic chart when I could just do that with a mil reticle and hold or dial.

I'm considering a 1-6 or two and also the CQBSS for a few AR's that need glass and I'm leaning towards the TMR. I like the center section of the CMR better but I dislike BDC reticles that don't have even line spacing, I've never gotten one to match up right. I always end up doing a lot of extra work to find out impact points and then spend more time reading a ballistic chart when I could just do that with a mil reticle and hold or dial.

I have the Mk i-6 and I agree with ^^^^^.

I have the CMR 556 version now, I was torn on whether to get the TMR version.
I still kinda wish I did get the TMR because of the reasons of versatility mentioned but overall I am still happy with it except for the Jedi mind tricks with the illumination.