• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold MK6 1-6 cmrw 762 ret on 16" 308

lj_1187

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2012
Amarillo, TX
I am thinking of getting this optic for my sr25 ecc. For those of you who run one on a 16" 308 gasser how does the bdc reticle do at a distance? How far off is most 168gr ammo from the bdc?

Check out the Bushnell 1-8.5. Great option.

I already have a cqbss scope, but for all the money I have in that scope, I just can't justify it anymore. Between having nowhere to shoot further than a few hundred yards, and family reasons I could use the extra money. I can get a killer deal on a mk6 1-6, and Iike the idea of a lighter scope as well. I am just a little worried about the bdc ret on the cmrw reticle being accurate because the m118lr shouldn't run that fast (2575fps) out of 16" 308.

I am thinking of getting this optic for my sr25 ecc. For those of you who run one on a 16" 308 gasser how does the bdc reticle do at a distance? How far off is most 168gr ammo from the bdc?

It should be really close not enough to make a huge difference. They scope rock!!!

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

Reactions: Itsadryheat
They scope rock!!!

+1 Couldn't agree more, absolutely love mine! (5.56 CMR-W) Until the others figure out how to deliver true daylight bright illumination in their low-power variables (can you hear me Bushnell?) it's pretty-much the only one to consider at its price-point IMHO ;)!

I don't have much experience with BDC rets, but I like the simplicity of them. Using 168/155gr TAP ammo at what distance would I expect the BDC to be no longer "minute of man"?

Also a side question, for owners of this scope, is the "flickering" effect @ x1 as bad as most people say for speed?

I don't have much experience with BDC rets, but I like the simplicity of them. Using 168/155gr TAP ammo at what distance would I expect the BDC to be no longer "minute of man"?

Also a side question, for owners of this scope, is the "flickering" effect @ x1 as bad as most people say for speed?

If you are referring to the illumination variation that results from having an illuminated FFP reticle and an off-axis cheek-weld I wouldn't really describe it as "flickering", at least that's not how it manifests in my experience. As a direct response to your question "is it as bad as...?" I'd say no, not "bad" at all once you get used to the optic and how to employ it. Its not going to be as friendly as an Aimpoint but its by-far the best (read as most useful) daylight useful illumination I've seen in a low-power variable.

My ECC runs m118lr give or take 2495. Being 80fps off the 762 cmr reticle bdc how close should this be? At what distance would cease to be "minute of man"? Anyone have an idea of the same for 147gr and 155/168gr tap with this reticle? Its the only thing holding me back right now.

Zero your rifle at distance (500-600yds) instead of at 200 yds. That way your BDC will balance out better across the board instead of being really good at one particular range on the end of the spectrum. That or load your own ammo to see if you can get your muzzle velocity up to par without having pressure signs. M118LR is far from the best ammo out there...

If you're wanting to know about other projectiles, your best bet is to start playing with a ballistic app that has a good bullet library to it.