• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mk6 1-6 question

njlohmann

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2011
South Central MN
I have been doing a lot of reading on the 1-6 and I am almost 100% sold on it as the optic for my LWRC spr. Although my research was extensive, it did leave one question unanswered. Can the Leupold aluminium flip caps fit over the ocular and objective lenses. They both have similar threading to my MK4 which makes me believe that they will, however, if anyone that has or has used this scope could answer my question I would be very grateful.

Can't help you... I've ordered the Mk6 1-6 CMR-W for my LWRC IC A5/SPR... as based on the research, it's the bomb.
...but it will only get it here in 4-5 months (export/import allowing).

As BobinNC says... ask Leupold.

i CAN help :) the aluminum caps i have on mine don't fit OVER, they screw into the two lenses, provided you have the correct size. they have an adjustable ring on them as well (just like the ocular lens at the rear) so you can make them flip which ever way you'd like.
OH---and might i add they are the sh!t. i am rough as hell on them and they have yet to break. plus they fold completely flat against the scope whilst open, so its harder for them to snag on sh!t.

I appreciate the response. I suspected that they would fit because of the threading on the inside of the tube on both ends.