• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Leupold Mk6 Still a Contender?

UpSideDown

↑ → ↓
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2019
Where does the Mk6 land in today's optics options? How closely does it stack up against the Mk5HD, particularly if the unit is updated to the M5C3 turret similar to the Mk5's?

The only thing the MK6 had going for it was its weight. It was pretty shitty all around otherwise. Bad reticles, bad glass, fragile, bad turrets and expensive as fuck if you needed illumination. The retrofitted M4 FFP abortions that Army was buying was a better optic, and thats not saying much.

MK5 literally brought leupold back from the dead in the tactical/LR precision shooting world. The New MK4HD that's coming out is a cheaper to produce MK5 with a 4x erector instead of 5X at like half the price. That thing is going to sell ALOT of units to all segments of rifle shooters.

The mk6 3-18 t3 is my oldest scope (started life as an h58 but got it upgraded later), got it in apr 2014, I've sold a lot of scopes since then, including a mk5 5-25x which i never even mounted since it had a pronounced "fish eye". Maybe I had a lemon ?

Mk6 still seems relevant based on length and weight and performance.

And in addition to the reticle, they added illum and the turret upgrades.

I have two 762x51 rem700s in KRG Bravos, criterion 20" barrels, the other one has a NX8 2.5-20x t3 which is what I'd buy today, for something in that class. But not selling the mk6 !!

And I was able to buy a sunshade for it from custom shop, which I used to use a lot as I had to shoot into the sun in the mornings.

Last edited:
The mk6 3-18 t3 is my oldest scope (started life as an h58 but got it upgraded later), got it in apr 2014, I've sold a lot of scopes since then, including a mk5 5-25x which i never even mounted since it had a pronounced "fish eye". Maybe I had a lemon ?

Mk6 still seems relevant based on length and weight and performance.

And in addition to the reticle, they added illum and the turret upgrades.

I have two 762x51 rem700s in KRG Bravos, criterion 20" barrels, the other one has a NX8 2.5-20x t3 which is what I'd buy today, for something in that class. But not selling the mk6 !!

And I was able to buy a sunshade for it from custom shop, which I used to use a lot as I had to shoot into the sun in the mornings.

My mark 5 blows away the mark 6. You had a bad one, or I've never seen a good mark 6.

Mark 6 1-6 would be the only relevant one from the line. The 3-18 is crap compared to the 3.8-18.

The one thing Leupold kills it on its alumacovers and sun shades.

Reactions: UpSideDown