• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mk6 vs Bushnell HDMR, I need some opinions

SaepeExertus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2011
Northeast
I've been looking at these scopes for some time (AR platform). I haven't been able to find anything negative on either scope and was hoping I could get some peoples opinions to swing which one I go with. Thanks

Re: Leupold Mk6 vs Bushnell HDMR, I need some opinions

While Bushnell has seriously stepped up it's game, if price isn't a major issue, go with the Mark 6. It is lighter and has amazing glass. If you are mil contact Leupold for their Fed/Mil pricing program. 5872

+1 with what 5872 said. As good as the HDMR is the Mark 6 is just better. Size is a big difference and the glass was better as far as color deviation & edge distortion(to my eye). Plus I'll admit here and now, I like Leupolds again. For a while there, it seemed they lost step, but they listened to their customers, saw which way the scope industry was headed, and are back on track as a great American optic company.

Thanks for the replys. Looks like the Mark 6 has it. Thanks again

I'll recommend the Leupold Mark 6 if you can get it for the FED/MIL price only. If not, I'd pass. I think its too expensive at retail price.

I had one of the newer Leupolds (34mm Mark 4 with the locking M5 elevation dial), sold it and purchased another Bushnell DMR with the G2 reticle.

I felt the Bushnell had better glass. The color clarity was better on the bushy, parralax cleaned up perfect on both, compactness of the Bushy.

Some of the things I liked better about the Leupy are; capped windage knob, not having to pull the elev knob up. Thats really it. Neither of which increased the end requirement of the optic; to have subtension on the reticle, and dials that are properly calibrated.

For my end use, the bushnell dmr line more than fulfills all of the requirements that I have, at a price point that I dont cringe over. I have had a total of 4 bushnell dmr scopes, and I always go back to them. This time I think I will just stay with them.

My $.02

Wait for the Bushnell Elite Tactical Gen 2.0 coming at SHOT. Gonna put a major hurt on Leupold and NF sales. Only thing missing is illumination.

+1 wait for the shot,have a look at the gen 2 DMR,if it works as good as my HDMR and have an illuminated ret,zero stop and 10 mil per turn it will be a perfect scope considering it keep a reasonable price ;
For sur a mark 6 is too expensive at about 2600 and the reticle choice is not exactly what i need for precision shooting.

I don't think illumination is one of the upgrades the DMR v2 is getting.

Joe

I don't use illuminated reticles. For me they tend to wash out the target. Just my opinion. All eyes are different

I put a Bushnell 3.5-21x50 DMR with the G2DMR reticle on my Savage Model 10 bolt gun two weeks ago and am very happy with it, but I have never had anything to compare it to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scudzuki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think illumination is one of the upgrades the DMR v2 is getting.

Joe </div></div>

I hope you are wrong about that, been sitting on the sidelines, cash in pocket, watching and waiting for illumination. I can't afford NV and here in Oregon its dark and cloudy most of the year and everything is dark green or brown. I find illumination to be really helpful out in the forest.

If they add illumination to the MK6 I will probably go that route, I live a mile from Leupold and would like to support the home team if possible - so long as they will sell me a product with the features I want. The Leupold MK6 and the HDMR's both seem like terrific scopes. I think the Leupold offering has just a bit more going for it but the price tag also reflects that.