• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold power ring

longshooter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
MI, USA
I have a late 90s Leupold vari-x111 4.5-14 power scope, the power ring is very difficult to turn. Does anyone know of ways to correct this problem?

Re: Leupold power ring

First make sure it is not stiff because of the way it is mounted,ie in a bind.If its stiff when out of the rings,Leupold will fix it,free.DO NOT try to oil it thru the plug screw on the power ring,like a friend did! Lightman

I don't know the cause or cure, but a power lever / cat tail type device can provide some leverage to make adjustments easier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested in that cattail device. Who has them?</div></div>

Current MGM design appears to have longest extension, thus potentially providing more leverage:

http://www.mgmswitchview.com/products.htm