• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold/Premier Scope Problem

Mk4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2002
High Plains of Texas
I've got a Premier/Leupold Vari-X III M1 4.5 X 14-50mm with Gen 2 reticle that is no longer able to hold a zero. Definitely needs to be returned to Leupold, I guess as Premier can no longer work on these. The only thing I hate about doing that is I know that I will lose my Gen 2 reticle. I'm assuming that Leupold cannot warranty any other work than their own and therefore I will have to change reticles.

Who is the Customer Service person @ Leupold that I need to contact?

Re: Leupold/Premier Scope Problem

There was a thread recently about Leupold not even touching a scope that had a premier reticle in it. They ended up having to send the scope back to premier to have the reticle switched back, then being able to send the scope into Leupold to be serviced.

If it is a tracking issue, leupold should be able to work on it. However if it has anything to do with the reticle, you are screwed. If it is a reticle issue premier may be able to convert it to a second focal plane reticle if they have any parts left. Call and talk to Chris at Premier, if he can't help you then you have no choice but to send it to Leupold. I ran into this problem recently and sent it to Leupold first to find out they wouldn't touch it, then I sent it to Premier.

Not good news... but good to know.

I really didn't want to lose my Gen 2 reticle. Only reason I bought that scope in the first place. I love ranging targets with the Gen 2.

I know that Premier has to be really short on Leopold parts but hope there's outside chance it could be fixed....but not likely.

What was Leupold going to charge for the TMR reticle?