• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold, real or another fake?

Re: Leupold, real or another fake?

serial number 8888SC = FAKE plus you can see it is a two piece tube.

fake. numbers on knobs laid over, writing on black ring on objective is white not black stamped in, no gold medallion. plus, it just looks like a cheap knock-off DO NOT BUY IT.

Fake - look at the serial #

pix112888593.jpg

Great info link by rcnpthfndr . Its amazing how many scammers there are out there. But only from a reputable dealer. if it a really good deal. It probably is not.

As I thought, I just wanted to pull you guys in, hopefully enough people will send emails to the seller that he/she will pull the auction.

Hah! I used to work for ATN as a sales rep (cheap Chinese optics). Once you've seen one Chinese scope you've seen them all. Everyone else has already pointed out the hallmarks on this one. Only thing I can add is next time you're at the gun show, go to the table that sells the cheap Chinese glass and give each scope a good look. You'll start to get a feel for the design commonalities... you'll find that these apply to ALL Chinese scopes.

Just try not to walk away with one to put on the 10/22. ;-)

My guess is that the bidder grendelfan is a fake who bids to lend a little credibility to the ad.

I emailed the seller and he has responded. Hopefully he pulls the auction.

That is just plain stupid.

Yes, I sold goods that infringed Leupold's Trademark.

Yes, at the time I sold the goods I was fully aware of the infringement--if you don't believe me, check out my two for sale listings on Gunbroker. Heck I even told everyone that the item was fake. What....that's not good for my case?....duh!?!?!?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is just plain stupid.

Yes, I sold goods that infringed Leupold's Trademark.

Yes, at the time I sold the goods I was fully aware of the infringement--if you don't believe me, check out my two for sale listings on Gunbroker. Heck I even told everyone that the item was fake. What....that's not good for my case?....duh!?!?!? </div></div>

Lol. Lupy needs to start taking these loosers to court...

"your honor, we are here today because the defendant was being criminally stupid"

I just turned that auction in as a fraud.

He relisted it at $149, I've seen em for $50 on e-bay so he KNEW.

He KNEW.....that is fraud.

Is there no honor anymore?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Is there no honor anymore? </div></div>

Not in those circles I guess... Damned shame. I really think that Leupold needs to crack down on the fakes. Maybe work with Customs to stop the importation...

If Customs would confiscate these fake scopes from sellers, then they would think twice about selling them as Leupolds. Even the local police can confiscate knockoff purses and clothing, so why not scopes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW

Notified GunBroker.

Would hate to see anyone buy that thing at that price thinking it was real! </div></div>

haha, me too!! cant stand to see anybody making money off one of these

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: One-Eyed Jack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Customs would confiscate these fake scopes from sellers, then they would think twice about selling them as Leupolds. Even the local police can confiscate knockoff purses and clothing, so why not scopes?

</div></div>

Customs has no authority once the scopes make it into the US, but they sure can stop them from being imported. IPR (International Property Rights) enforcement is a big part of what they do, especially when the item being ripped off is a product of the USA...