• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold ring hieght?

Nortex

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
Texas
Looking to mount a MK4 L/RT on a .25-06 remmy bdl for hunting it already has Leupy bases, but 1" rings I'm thinking with 30mm rings and the 50mm objective I need super high but not sure. Any Ideas if i'm anywhere close?

Re: Leupold ring hieght?

I have a 5R in 308 with a Leupold Mk4 6.5-20x50 mounted on a Badger 10 moa rail & "std" height (.823") Badger rings. Not much clearence, but enough for the Butler Creek cap. Don't know how high the Leupold bases are, but the info should be available.

One way to get a good real-world measurement is to use modeling clay to mount your scope on the bases and measure the clay. Not going to stand much use, but it will allow getting the scope location pretty close before ordering any rings.

Also, take a look, if you haven't already, at the top posting in this section. It deals with measuring for ring height.

OFG

If you look at the very first post in this section of the forums there is very informative post about measuring for the correct right height.

I understand the measuring post but I guess I worded my question wrong. It seems I remember when going from Leupolds 1" to 30mm rings there is a diffrence in the acctual hieght of the rings compared to each other. I could be wrong but thought I'd ask before ordering.

If you are using Mark 4 30mm rings, the medium rings (which are the lowest in the Mark 4 series) will clear a Remmy varmint profile barrel with a 50mm Mark 4 scope.

This is based on a one-piece Mark 4 rail. If the height of your "bases" is not less than a one-piece rail, you'll be good to go with the mediums.

Just plain Leupold base and rings. Type with turn in front ring and windage adjustable dovetail rear.