• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold RX III LRF

Chris K

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2007
Minnesota
OK guys, Im having issues with my LRF...I have a RX III from loopy, and have had some issues getting it out past 600m. I have had 598 on a water tower near my folks house, 3-500 off the deck at the condo i live in and out to 400 or so on "crazy ivans" 500 on maidens, and not alot of luck on less reflective targets. LMTVs work well, Humvees etc, but not getting what I want out past 600m. In fact I have not seen a reading starting with 7-9...the range finder is good out to 1200, and I fully understand that there are limits to it reaching that distance, dust, humidity, smog, what ever, its all going to affect the laser at some level. i got the 1200 yd model to be more reliable out to 8 or 9, I shoot it off a tripod, as stable as i can get it. ive sand socked the top to keep it more steady, and added weight to the center of the tripod to counter any shift i have from pressing the button, and just cant get as far as I need...

anyone else have issues? could loopy have a laser that isnt in-line with the optic? I emailed them and I am waiting to hear back but thought i'd get a little heads up from others on any issues that are out there loopy might not tell me about.

using mil relation against the reading,it is accurate at what it will range, but distance! i need more distance! lol.

thanks

C_K

Re: Leupold RX III LRF

I almost bought one 'till I saw that they're made in China
mad.gif
What's the world coming to?

is the whole thing made in china, or just the glass? I thought just the glass was chinese...

I Used to use an RX-III and it would not consistantly give a reading much further than 500yds. Occasionally if conditons were good we'd get as far as 750 out of it but it requried multiple tries. I've got the Nikon 1200 now wich is much better but I'm considering upgrading again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris_K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the whole thing made in china, or just the glass? I thought just the glass was chinese... </div></div>

I was under the impression the whole thing's ChiCom. Could be mistaken, but that's my understanding. I see it as a VERY negative move on the part of Leupold...