• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold RX1000

AMMOWASTER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
Reno, NV
I finally sent my old RX1 which never worked well into Leupold. They said they can't or won't fix it but offered me a new RX1000 at a big discount. They said msrp was 400 and I could have it for 250.

I have played with the newer ones a bit and they are much nicer than what I had. I know they aren't a Zeiss or Leica but for the money I am thinking I should just do it.

Any info especially horror stories would be good. If not I will snatch it up

I finally sent my old RX1 which never worked well into Leupold. They said they can't or won't fix it but offered me a new RX1000 at a big discount. They said msrp was 400 and I could have it for 250.

I have played with the newer ones a bit and they are much nicer than what I had. I know they aren't a Zeiss or Leica but for the money I am thinking I should just do it.

Any info especially horror stories would be good. If not I will snatch it up

I've got one and it suits me well. My buddy has a Leica and grabs my Leupold without hesitation- I think they're both solid performers. The TBR feature is a nice addition as well.

What was wrong with your RX1? I have one too and sometimes I have to hit the range button a few times for it to work. Maybe I should send it in like you did.

Does anyone use the drop call built into the range finder? I'm looking at a 1000 and a 1000 with the drop calc, I doubt I'd use it other than it does seem very fast for a reading even if not as accurate as software or dope.

What was wrong with your RX1? I have one too and sometimes I have to hit the range button a few times for it to work. Maybe I should send it in like you did.

To be honest I always had issues with it reading unless it was close, like less than 150 yards. We were out shooting in the desert and I couldnt get it to hit on my excursion turned broadside at 300 yards. I almost turned it into a aerial target but held off.

The guy on the phone at Leupold was kind of laughing about how old my unit was and the way he made it sound was they had no interest in trying to fix it. Give them a call. I think I am going to take them up on the offer. Hard to beat for that kind of money.

They are okay, past 500-600 yds they start getting difficult to get readings off non-reflective objects. I could sometimes get a reading on a car/truck 900-1000yds away, but I sense this is normal of LRF marketing. The TBR is a nice feature, factors in angles.

I have used my brothers so many times this year he made me order my own...I like this rangefinder for all of it's uses and the price fits my budget.

Get the replacement and then sell if for a small profit...then get a better rangefinder. I had the exact same problem with my Leupold and did just that. I ended up with a Zeiss unit from Scott at Liberty Optics. The Bushnell ARC, Zeiss, Leica or Swarovski are great mid cost units that'll range reflective s out to about 1400 reasonably well.
Don't touch a Terrapin...it'll sink its hooks in you and you'll have yet another piece if hardware on the lust-list

If I can get it to hit out to 1000 I may just keep it. For 250 it might still make a good backup unit.

Don't touch a Terrapin...it'll sink its hooks in you and you'll have yet another piece if hardware on the lust-list

I have a Leupy RX1000 TBR with DNA. I love it and have had zero problems with it. But then I touched a Terrapin and it cost me dearly. But I couldn't be happier.