• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold spotter mount kit

sled_mack

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2008
Slatington, PA
A few weeks ago I saw a link in a post to a kit that sort of "wraps" around the spotter. It was aluminum (I think), so not a soft case. It had various mounting points for small pic rails, threaded holes for tripod adapters, sling flush cups, etc. List price was $175, if I remember correctly.

I thought I had saved that link/post. Apparently not. I've been searching. I've found a few very expensive options, but not the one I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I haven't bought it yet. I need to get a better tripod first. I also just ordered the ConX / Kestrel combo. The end goal is to find a method to quick attach the spotter, or the ConX, or my Pig saddle to the tripod, AND be able to attach the ConX to the spotter on the tripod so they are cowitnessed.

I'm open to suggestions for accomplishing all of this. It doesn't have to include this spotter mount, either. This just seemed to be a reasonably priced and flexible solution.

ETA - putting a clip on night vision in front of the spotter is another future goal. Not happening soon, but I don't want to pick hardware that won't allow it later.

Last edited:
I haven't bought it yet. I need to get a better tripod first. I also just ordered the ConX / Kestrel combo. The end goal is to find a method to quick attach the spotter, or the ConX, or my Pig saddle to the tripod, AND be able to attach the ConX to the spotter on the tripod so they are cowitnessed.

I'm open to suggestions for accomplishing all of this. It doesn't have to include this spotter mount, either. This just seemed to be a reasonably priced and flexible solution.

IMHO, for a setup like what you want, the manfrotto pistol grip ball head is the perfect solution

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...=Y&sku=1217456

now I will say that getting a perfect co witness with CONX is not achievable, but you will be very close. You will have to account for the height between the spotter objective and the CONX. Although I don't recommend using this ball head for a rifle in your saddle. But for a spotter I think it's ideal.

i have a badger slick kit for sale if you're interested. pm me

IMHO, for a setup like what you want, the manfrotto pistol grip ball head is the perfect solution

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...=Y&sku=1217456

now I will say that getting a perfect co witness with CONX is not achievable, but you will be very close. You will have to account for the height between the spotter objective and the CONX. Although I don't recommend using this ball head for a rifle in your saddle. But for a spotter I think it's ideal.

I've used that ball head before, it is nice. But I wouldn't want to be switching between heads to go from spotter to rifle.

Why do you say you wouldn't use it for a rifle? Not stable enough with that weight and leverage, I'm guessing?

I'm not expecting perfect cowitness, just close enough to get on an object faster.

i have a badger slick kit for sale if you're interested. pm me

Coming from Badger, it's probably ok but I don't like the way it mounts on the objective ring. Seems like a drop could put a lot of stress on the spotter. Or am I not understanding how it works? It does have the advantage of working with clip on night vision, which is another future purchase. Way out there future at this point.

I've used that ball head before, it is nice. But I wouldn't want to be switching between heads to go from spotter to rifle.

Why do you say you wouldn't use it for a rifle? Not stable enough with that weight and leverage, I'm guessing?

I'm not expecting perfect cowitness, just close enough to get on an object faster.

Yeah it's only rated for like 10lbs I think