• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold & Stevens Ultra 10X-M3A

Cicilia

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2019
I have a L&S Ultra 10X-M3A that was removed from an M24 and replaced with a variable scope during an upgrade contract when I worked for Remington. It has been sitting in my closet for a million years now I want to use it on an AR15 match rifle I'm building. The problem is we shipped these scopes only with NATO and 308 Winchester turret markings. Is there a such thing as a turret ring for this scope that is Mk 262 MOD 0; considering that this scope was not made for that intended purpose? I wrote to Leupold & Stevens but have not yet heard back yet.

The Ultra designation means that it was "pre" Mark4 4 designation. I believe (from memory) that the Ultra M3A had turrets for 30-06, M118, .308 168 only. We were not using 5.56 LR at that time, which came almost 20 years later (and long after the Ultra series).

Reactions: jd138
The Ultra designation means that it was "pre" Mark4 4 designation. I believe (from memory) that the Ultra M3A had turrets for 30-06, M118, .308 168 only. We were not using 5.56 LR at that time, which came almost 20 years later (and long after the Ultra series).
I was hoping either someone made those later or Leupold would do a set as a one-off. I checked Kenton but he only has turrets for Mark 4. I wonder if I can order those? Leupold also has custom turrets for Mark 4, including Mk 262 Mod 0 and Mod 1.

I would contact Kenton or L&S for assistance. Also, check the ROTATION of your turrets. Early scopes were CLOCKWISE for "up." YMMV...

I don't ever remember seeing 5.56 turrets for a M3 Ultra. I've got a bag of them tho I'll go find in a bit and double check. Those pre-dated Mk262 and I never saw a Mk12 issued with one.

I don't ever remember seeing 5.56 turrets for a M3 Ultra. I've got a bag of them tho I'll go find in a bit and double check. Those pre-dated Mk262 and I never saw a Mk12 issued with one.

I came up empty too. I'm just shooting off the mildots.