• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Tactical VX-R Patrol Riflescope

Re: Leupold Tactical VX-R Patrol Riflescope

That thing will sell like crazy.....Looks like the perfect hunting scope.

i saw them at shot, had some for a while, nice little scopes, and the illumination works pretty well

I was looking for something for my hunting rifle and this seems to be it...

Jay shoot me a PM if you get some in

Anyone able to get info on the adjustment on the turrets. 1/4 MOA or .1 Mil ? Nice looking scope though.

Aron-

On SWFA it says MIL: .1 for adjustments. I'm guessing it's 1/10 mil.

Copied and pasted from SWFA.com:

Weight (oz): 15.3
Length (in): 12.6
Eye Relief (in): 4.2 - 3.7
Field of View @ 100 yards (ft): 33.6 - 13.6
Exit Pupil (mm): 9.8 - 4.2
MIL: .1
Finish: Matte
Mounting Space (in): 5.4

Oh crap missed that thanks. I dont see the scope on leupolds website yet.

Aron-

Yea I looked on their website too and didn't see anything. Google didn't have much either

I have been using a few of the hunting Firedots and think they knocked a home run. They <span style="font-style: italic">nailed </span>the illumination for a low light hunting scope. Glass is much improved over earlier Leupold scopes and I can't tell a difference between it and the latest Mark 4 scopes in low light.

Yea I'd really like to see the difference between this and a MK4

Would make a great low cost SAMR or SPR optic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea I'd really like to see the difference between this and a MK4</div></div>
Northland said:
I tested at 200 yards into the night with a 3-9x50 firedot against a new M4 4.5-15x50, a Trijicon 3-9x40 and all set at 9x I could not detect any difference in brightness, clarity or resolution.

I did the test multiple times

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Northland said:
Yea I'd really like to see the difference between this and a MK4</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I tested at 200 yards into the night with a 3-9x50 firedot against a new M4 4.5-15x50, a Trijicon 3-9x40 and all set at 9x I could not detect any difference in brightness, clarity or resolution.

I did the test multiple times

</div></div>

Thanks man, I think I'm gonna get one of these soon. After I recover from the S&B I bought. Gotta start saving again lol. But $600 is way easier to swallow than $3000+

Sure
I have an S&B, USO, etc..
I wouldn't feel handicapped with the firedot for hunting and have one on
my Sako 25-06 that I may run this fall for hunting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure
I have an S&B, USO, etc..
I wouldn't feel handicapped with the firedot for hunting and have one on
my Sako 25-06 that I may run this fall for hunting
</div></div>

Exactly what I want it for!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It says it has a motion sensor I am guessing for the illumination?
</div></div>

Yea, best I can understand is that if you leave it sitting still for long enough it'll shut off and when you pick it up and start moving again it turns back on.

That is only my guess as I do not know how it really works.

I didn't see it posted anywhere, but are these 1st or second fp?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't see it posted anywhere, but are these 1st or second fp? </div></div>

I couldn't find it anywhere either but I'm guessing it's 2nd

Another question: is this a side focus, or is it fixed with just a side illumination knob?

Looks like an awesome replacement scope on my Savage hunting rifle, lighter than the Vortex it's wearing now.

Have two 3-9x40's with a couple hundred rounds of 5.56 and 243win in the last week. They're SFP, fixed parallax, Illum is daylight visable, both are tracking well and consistant with the reticle so far.

I ordered the scope in the link from SWFA a week ago, I should have it in a week or two according to a email from them today. I will be putting it on a Rem 700 LTR in .223 and running it through a sniper course this October. I would be glad to do a range report and review for you all when it arrives and again after the course.

Funny story behind this optic for me is, when the VX-R line first came out this last January, I emailed Leupold and wanted to know if the custom shop could change out the reticle and/or put target turrets on a VX-R for me for tactical purposes. They responded with a no, not currently, it was only available in the standard configuration. They hinted there might be something similar in the future though coming out but gave no timeline which doesn't help me for planning for a sniper course in October with a new rifle. Fast forward 6 months and here this one pops up on SWFA's site. The Firedot TMR is exactly what I had in mind for the custom shop to do for me. Needless to say I am really looking forward to getting this scope.

I think this will fill the role perfectly for a urban/mid-range tactical rifle for me.