• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Leupold TMR vs PR1 in Milrad. Which one would you choose and why ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 188725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 188725

I'm going to put either the TMR or PR1 in milrad on my 308 i'm having built. I called Leupold and asked for a breakdown on these two and their techs are just not that helpful for some reason when i call and ask questions. i guess they can sense im green in my experience with longer range shooting. can anyone breakdown the differences on these two reticles and give me which you would choose and why ? i'm not sure which one to get. it'll be the 5-25x56, used for hunting and bench shooting. i looked at the PR1 and tremor and they are too busy for me, so now i'm down to the TMR or PR1. I'll get whatever one i choose with the illumination. Thanks in advance.

im surprised they even make the TMR on a mk5

it's outdated and bad at best

even the PR1 isn't a very readable reticle

but i'd never consider a leopold either

im surprised they even make the TMR on a mk5

it's outdated and bad at best

even the PR1 isn't a very readable reticle

but i'd never consider a leopold either
my budget is $2500 and the christmas tree reticles are too busy for me. any suggestion other than just to tell me you dont like leupold ? also, why would you "never consider a leupold" ?

my budget is $2500 and the christmas tree reticles are too busy for me. any suggestion other than just to tell me you dont like leupold ? also, why would you "never consider a leupold" ?
35mm
weird elevation turret
weird windage turret mark location
dont like reticles
10.5 per rev

i'd rather a NF 7-35 Mil-C any day and used ones come around your budget. even a non-tree gen 2 razor which is way under budget

35mm
weird elevation turret
weird windage turret mark location
dont like reticles
10.5 per rev

i'd rather a NF 7-35 Mil-C any day and used ones come around your budget. even a non-tree gen 2 razor which is way under budget
i dont understand. you dont like reticles? what does that mean ? isn't milc a reticle? what does 10.5 per rev mean ?

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
35mm tube has fewer ring options available, but there's enough out there.
My limited experience with the Leupy Mk 4 TMR: The .5 mil subtensions are more coarse than the PR1 .2 mil hash marks.
The 10.5 mil rev vs another mfr using 10 mil rev probably isn't going to affect you. You're going to look at the numbers as you dial anyways.

The MilC reticle reminds me of watching a centipede walking....I swear it's moving.

Reactions: Classyredneck00